PDA

View Full Version : Camera in Labview

NinjaWithBurnin
02-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I've been having some problems with our camera

just like many other teams the camera will work when hooked into the computer. but will not work with the cRIO. when we run the dashboard the camera window is white and says 'Timeout in Camera Communications'

does anyone know how to solve this in labview?

thanks

apalrd
02-27-2010, 05:23 PM
couple questions:

1. did you run the Axis Camera setup wizard, and is there an account on the camera with a username and password of frc and frc?

2. Is there code running on the crio? It dosent need to use the camera, it just has to run.

3. Is the IP 192.168.0.90?

4. Does the rest of the robot comm work fine?

5. did you use a crossover cable to eth2 on the cRio?

Mark McLeod
02-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Try all those suggestions by Palardy.

Assuming all the latest updates have been applied. The second most common reason for this has been the state the camera was left in after last year's experiments.

The safest thing to do is to reset the camera altogether, then use the "Setup Axis Camera" tool.
Reset by pulling the power, then holding the reset button while plugging the power back in and continuing to hold until you get the orange light around the lens.

Alan Anderson
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
when we run the dashboard the camera window is white and says 'Timeout in Camera Communications'

Just for completeness -- have you applied the Mandatory Driver Station Update that was released February 15? The "Timeout" message can happen if you're running the original Dashboard application that was on the Classmate when it was shipped.

Wiz
03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks for helping Ninja out; don't hesitate to point him in the direction of the proper documentation too.

dilweed68
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
hi my name is rj and im from teams 1789 the cliffhangers, im having a similar problem. when i attempt to go to the cameras site it won,t even let me connect any ideas as to why