PDA

View Full Version : Playing with old RC

Andy_Manu
03-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Hello
This is my first year doing robotics and I am trying to program an old robot controller from 2007 and i have no idea how to do it.

I got a .hex file i made with easyc pro with a tutorial for driving in arcade mode.

I also have the 2007 master code i downloaded from http://www.ifirobotics.com/rc.shtml#Programming

but as there are 2 RC one for the robot and one for the driver station i do not know what to do

I have looked for guides to do it but I didnt find anything

Any help will be awesome
THANKS

sloteera
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Hello
This is my first year doing robotics and I am trying to program an old robot controller from 2007 and i have no idea how to do it.

I got a .hex file i made with easyc pro with a tutorial for driving in arcade mode.

I also have the 2007 master code i downloaded from http://www.ifirobotics.com/rc.shtml#Programming

but as there are 2 RC one for the robot and one for the driver station i do not know what to do

I have looked for guides to do it but I didnt find anything

Any help will be awesome
THANKS

The RC that isn't lights is the RC that you'll use in the Driver Station!!
And the other, you'll use in the robot!

You should connect the FRC of the robot via DB9 cable in your computer, open MPLab, select C18 compiler and make download of your hex file!!!

Unfortunatelly, I don't know about easyC

PS: I miss the old FRC =/

Andy_Manu
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I know which rc goes where

one question i have is if i have to load the program in both rc or only in the robot one?

SuperBK
03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Check around IFI for a "programming guide".

You only program the controller goes on the robot. You only put the master code in once, then your user code everytime you change it.

You download code while connected with DB9 cable using IFI downloader. Its a separate application. You press the programming button before you send it. Press until the program light comes on then release.I think IFI loader has a menu item to download master code.

Thats all I remember off the top of my head.

Brian

Andy_Manu
03-03-2010, 02:08 PM
thanks you helped me a lot

offshore coders
04-06-2010, 03:02 AM
Thanks for sharing :).