PDA

View Full Version : 5.3.5?

Arkanoid0
01-09-2011, 12:11 AM
So I was reading the manual, and i found Section 5.3.5, on "Coopertition Score" (Typo!) and that seems to be the first and last time it is mentioned at all, misspelled or not. Anyone know what it is good for at all?

Grim Tuesday
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Coopertition is a term coined by first to mean competing with other alliances, while also helping them. IE, giving them your minibot.

It is not a typo.

EricH
01-09-2011, 12:22 AM
That's NOT a typo.

Coopertition is a trademark.

That Coopertition score is good towards the Coopertition Award. (See Administative Manual Section 5.)

Something you'll learn is that we'll compete as hard as possible on the playing field, and as soon as we're back in the pits, we're making sure each other's robots are OK (and helping fix them if they aren't), sharing scouting data, going for pizza as groups, and doing other similar things between teams. Then when we meet on the field again, it's no holds barred (except what the Manual says) for 2:15. That's Coopertition in a nutshell.

nighterfighter
01-09-2011, 12:22 AM
As far as I know, the Coopertition points is only for the Coopertition Award, but doesn't affect the rankings.

However, this is just a speculation, as it is not in the manual.

Mike Schreiber
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
I believe it was mentioned that there is an award for the team with the most coopertition points. That's it's purpose.