PDA

View Full Version : Wireless? Classmate-Radio Problem.

Straberrie
01-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey everyone!

Today, I was trying to set up wireless communication between the new radio and the classmate. I set up the Radio's IP as 10.3.75.1 and the classmate's IP to 10.3.75.5 ( this was automatically set during the set-up). I followed the instructions for setting up the radio as the access point, and I also re-imaged the classmate and went through the directions provided by FIRST.

Our team's Crio broke and we are waiting for a new one to come in, so I have not touched the Crio component yet; however, i wanted to see if my classmate would be able to ping the radio. First, i used an Ethernet connections and all went fine, but I cannot seem to ping the radio wirelessly. I am not too savvy with networking and don't know what to do to make this work. Aside from the "Access Point Set-Up" and the classmate set-up, are there any instructions by FIRST on how to set-up wireless communication? Is there something I am missing?

Does anyone have a clue? Help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Luke Pike
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
This might sound like a dumb question, but you did connect to the wireless network created by the radio (with the radio set to AP), right?

When I was trying to get it working I was logged in as the Driver so I thought it would do it automatically. However, I needed to join the wireless network using the Developer's account first so it would automatically connect to it later.

Once that's done, you should be able to ping away. If you're already connected to the network and it still doesn't work, try typing 'ipconfig /all' at the command prompt and looking through the output. There might be something there that can help.

Hope you get your issue resolved!

DjMaddius
01-15-2011, 07:26 AM
I had several problems like this.

When i was forced to reconfigure it several times. I had to wire it to configure the game adapter. I just used the exact same settings from last years router and it seemed to work fine.

Straberrie
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Thank you very much! I double checked and I was not being connected to the network wirelessly.