PDA

View Full Version : Mini Bot Battery Pack

excel2474
02-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I was using my battery pack for the mini bot early today, but now, it's not working at all. When I plug it into the charger, no lights light up indicating whether or not it is charging. do you know what could be wrong? Thanks for the help.

kylelanman
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Check the inline fuse. There is a little cap that you can remove between the battery and the connector. Inside will be a fuse that is most likely blown.

excel2474
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Check the inline fuse. There is a little cap that you can remove between the battery and the connector. Inside will be a fuse that is most likely blown.

How do I check the fuse? I mean, I see it, but what am I looking for that would be wrong with it. If it is burnt, do I have to get a new one, or can I bypass it? Thanks for the help

pfreivald
02-02-2011, 05:25 PM
New fuses are available at any auto parts store for really cheap. I highly suggest you use them, instead of bypassing them!

Alan Anderson
02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
How do I check the fuse? I mean, I see it, but what am I looking for that would be wrong with it.

If all is well, a fuse has a direct connection from one terminal to the other. An ohmmeter will read approximately zero resistance. If the fuse has blown, it will have no continuity between the terminals, and an ohmmeter will read an open circuit.

excel2474
02-02-2011, 06:35 PM
If all is well, a fuse has a direct connection from one terminal to the other. An ohmmeter will read approximately zero resistance. If the fuse has blown, it will have no continuity between the terminals, and an ohmmeter will read an open circuit.

It seems to be in there pretty tight. Do you know if I am just supposed to pull on it hard enough till it comes out?

pfreivald
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
It seems to be in there pretty tight. Do you know if I am just supposed to pull on it hard enough till it comes out?

You should just be able to pull on it hard enough so that it comes out, yes.

Taylor
02-02-2011, 06:44 PM
It's in there pretty tight. Pliers help. Don't be afraid of it - what are you gonna do, break an already blown fuse?