PDA

View Full Version : Types of documents to bring to regionals

WireFreaks2156
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
what types of documents do most people bring??

nitneylion452
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM
What exactly do you mean by "documents?" Do you mean handouts and fliers and such?

WireFreaks2156
03-16-2011, 04:25 PM
yes, stuff of that sort. Last year i went and teams had loads of paperwork and what not with them, i was just wondering what they brought.

MagiChau
03-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I would bring a copy of the manual at the least.

treffk
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
It depends on what your team is hoping to accomplish.

Teams that are going for safety awards bring safety checklists and handouts to give to teams.

Others bring scouting sheets for both the pits and stands, pamphlets or flyers talking about their robot, copies of their business plan, copies of their BOM, I've even seen teams bring a MSDS books.

sanddrag
03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
You know what would be really innovative for a team to hand out?

Safety trash cans, to dispose of all the safety fliers teams hand out. Reducing clutter, and improving safety! Those papers could pose quite a slipping hazard too if they ended up on the floor. Everyone needs a safety waste receptacle, in which to put all the safety fliers they receive.

Al Skierkiewicz
03-16-2011, 07:26 PM
If you are a Bag & Tag don't forget that paperwork. You want to open your bag right?

Mark McLeod
03-16-2011, 08:45 PM
A Team Roster is required along with any Consent forms for team members who didn't use the online system.
Shipping forms for FedEx and Shepard if at a crate event.

The great bulk of our paper is tied up in blank (then full) scouting sheets.

Eagleeyedan
03-16-2011, 08:49 PM
We brought a robot specs sheet, safety manuals, chairmans manuals. We also have inspection forms for the robot and pit to make sure they are safe.

jspatz1
03-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Documantation or packaging to show that non-KOP parts on your hostbot or minibot are legal, such as:

- Switches on your minibot are sold as "limit switches" or "household switches"

- Non-KOP pneumatic components are rated for 125 psi, or are from previous KOPs.

- Non-KOP solenoid valves have a Cv < .32

- Evidence that any questionable COTS part is "commercially available to anyone."

- A well organized BOM showing every non-KOP part and its true value.

gblake
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
what types of documents do most people bring?? I usually try to have several US Federal Reserve Notes with me at all times. They are used by several of the activities at every Regional and the Championship.

sanddrag
03-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I usually try to have several US Federal Reserve Notes with me at all times. They are used by several of the activities at every Regional and the Championship.Just hopefully not right before alliance selections on Saturday. :D

MagiChau
03-17-2011, 04:43 AM
Just hopefully not right before alliance selections on Saturday. :D

Huh, you have to use Mountain Dew. Who wants to be stuck with money and unable to get Mountain Dew. :p

Uncle Paul
03-05-2014, 09:25 AM
A Team Roster is required along with any Consent forms for team members who didn't use the online system.
Shipping forms for FedEx and Shepard if at a crate event.

The great bulk of our paper is tied up in blank (then full) scouting sheets.

Hello, Can you post an example of a scouting sheet, it is somethying my team lacks and we are unsure where to start with this.

MrForbes
03-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Here is a place to start...you should think about what your team will do, and make necessary adjustments.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126603

RoboMom
03-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Checklists are your friend.

Michael Hill
03-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Don't forget your Bill of Materials. We were very fortunate at Central Illinois. We forgot our BoM on a computer back in Ohio, but luckily, a couple of mentors weren't leaving until later and were able to go to the shop to e-mail it to us. There was a point before they e-mailed it where our student leaders were quickly hand writing a bill of materials on Thursday.