PDA

View Full Version : Video: ORBIT 1690 - Israeli Regional WINNERS!!!

Tomker
03-19-2011, 05:59 PM
A summary of the israeli regional from our point of view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4XB4A2HJQE

We are coming your way, see you in saint louis!

Tom Kertesz,
ORBIT 1690 - Team Captain

Cyberphil
03-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Excellent job guys! I am glad to see the regional went well after hearing what happened last year.

Great robot, and we will see you in St. Louis! :D

Josh Fox
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Great looking robot. Fairly simple and effective.

It's also impressive how stable you guys appear to be despite the elevator height combined with the rapid direction changes from your swerve drive.

Congrats on the win!

Tomker
03-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Excellent job guys! I am glad to see the regional went well after hearing what happened last year.

Great robot, and we will see you in St. Louis! :D

Thanks, it really was much better than last year.
(especially for us - we had a great robot last year, but lost mainly due to communication problems)
This year - no such problems, only "regular" problems in the robot itself that we were able to solve.

Cyberphil
03-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks, it really was much better than last year.
(especially for us - we had a great robot last year, but lost mainly due to communication problems)
This year - no such problems, only "regular" problems in the robot itself that we were able to solve.

Its great to hear that! I am really glad it went so well! Let the other teams know we are glad they had a successful regional!

Congrats, and good luck in STL!

Colin P
03-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Picture perfect finish, so cool!

Eagleeyedan
03-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Cool video! It didn't take you very long to make that! Congratultions on the win!

Tomker
03-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Picture perfect finish, so cool!

I didn't realize how close that minibot race was untill I saw the game's video a day later.
It really was a cool finish, and probably the regional's best moment, slightly above our alliance's regional high score.

Borntolose
03-20-2011, 06:04 AM
I didn't realize how close that minibot race was untill I saw the game's video a day later.
It really was a cool finish, and probably the regional's best moment, slightly above our alliance's regional high score.

Really? I thought the best game was when we played against you. 63-62 - that was intense.

Tomker
03-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Really? I thought the best game was when we played against you. 63-62 - that was intense.

It was a great match, but not the best result for us.
Still an amazing game that could have ended both ways.
And eventually it turned out to be a good result even for us, since it kept you in 2nd place at the end of qualifying.