PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Robot with labview

delt13
03-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Hi Guys, I have access to labview 2009. I want to program a pioneer mobile robot p3dx with labview. I am new to robotics and I can find any sources online that can help me get started. I was wondering if any of you members can give some guidance on how to get started. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

jhellr13
03-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Try this link. http://team358.org/files/programming/ControlSystem2009-/LabVIEW/
It has a lot of pictures of basic labview code that could help you start

Danny Diaz
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Guys, I have access to labview 2009. I want to program a pioneer mobile robot p3dx with labview. I am new to robotics and I can find any sources online that can help me get started.

The PD3X comes with the ARIA software interface library, you will most likely interface with the PD3X through that library. Depending upon its API, you may find that writing an interface DLL (in Microsoft Visual C++ or something similar) might be best, to simplify your interface calls from the LabVIEW DLL node (which is almost exclusively how you're going to talk to the core system). Fortunately almost every "accessory" communicates via TCP/IP, so that communications can be done natively within LabVIEW with relative ease.

Good luck.
-Danny