PDA

View Full Version : Awesome robotic-related story

Dustin Shadbolt
05-18-2011, 12:16 AM
I just thought I would share an awesome story on saw on Yahoo. It kind of was an inspiring moment for me. Especially knowing maybe one day someone from FIRST could be doing the exact same thing.

Link to the Yahoo story. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110517/us_yblog_thelookout/college-graduates-cheer-as-paralyzed-student-walks-to-get-degree-with-robotic-exoskeleton)

Techhexium
05-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Very interesting. A year ago, I visited a place near UC Berkeley called Berkeley Bionics, they were creating a human exoskeleton for paraplegics too, but it does not have a stroller like the exoskeleton shown here.

akoscielski3
05-18-2011, 11:48 AM
This is kinda ironic... There was a team member on our team that was in a TERRIBLE car accident during the 2008 season. Her name is "whitney". She was hit by a drunk driver from behind and was in the hospital for about 3-4 months. She was in a body brace for about 1 year and gladly fully recovered. she is doing fine now but will eventually be in a lot of pain. She was going to university at the time an could not finish the year to complete exams. Our team found out about the crash while we were in Toronto in 2008. The accident happened on monday, and she told her brother to go with the team to the competition.

Kusha
05-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Wow, that's awesome! Now for the lighter and non stroller version to be made