PDA

View Full Version : height questions

Team461
10-26-2001, 04:55 PM
I have 2 questions:
1) The height of the robot doesn't include the light. Does that mean right where the light attaches to the control unit box on up doesn't count, or just the part with the see-through lexan cover on up?
2) Does the height of the switch and the antennae count?

Alex Docauer
10-29-2001, 01:55 PM
I am going to reform a question posted by one of our members last week to hopefully clarify what information we are looking for. In the rules, it states that the robot must fit unrestrained in a 30" cube exclusive of the beacon. We would like to know what exactly "beacon" refers to. Is the entire flashing light assembly with the shiny base, spinning motor, and all? Or is it just the part with the translucent colored plastic? There is a difference of over 2 inches between the two definitions.

I would also like to know if the ON/OFF switch and the antenna count towards the total height of the robot. I would assume so, but I thought I would ask anyway.

A prompt response to these questions is appreciated.

Thanks

Alex Docauer
Advisor - Technical Team
Team #461

Mike Martus
10-29-2001, 09:31 PM
page 12 :The Game" rule 10 states that the robot size is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 ( 30" cube)

The light is from the surface of which it is mounted on the box upwards.

I refer the question of the switch and antenna to Joe or Mike A. That question was not asked the last two years.

Joe Johnson
10-29-2001, 09:51 PM
The 30" X 30" X 30" does not include anything above the "glass top" of the robot controller. This means that the switch, the radio antenna, and the entire beacon (including the metal base) can be outside of this envelope.

Joe J.