PDA

View Full Version : Favourite "What FIRST means to me" quote

lemiant
07-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi Guys, I am making a presentation about our team and one of the pieces is the impact of FIRST on students. I would like to include a student's perspective. I know there have been lots of "What does FIRST mean to you?" threads, and I'm wondering what your favourite quotes from those threads are.

PayneTrain
07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
The 1am mornings, the metal dust and dirt on my hands and jeans, the weights of wrenches kept in my pocket all day are worth it when you push in the breaker on the field for the first time, and watch your team light up brighter than the robot.

FIRST is telling your robot that it did a great job (along with your drive team).

FIRST is when you jump 3 feet in the air and scream at the top of your lungs when the whole picture comes together and the robot plays some mean competition.

FIRST is when you aren't hungry for anything at lunchtime, except to get back out on the field.

FIRST has been a chance for me to really rediscover myself. I never knew what I wanted until I walked into a team meeting on a whim. I was thrust into the action of build season, and the experience seems to pay out dividends every day (though my body clock disagrees).

Audrey Chu
07-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Here's an original one.

FIRST is the best thing I could have ever done. It is the most inspiring thing to me, and it makes me want to do more and be better every day. It shows me where I think my limits are, and it destroys them right in front of my eyes. My experiences with FIRST have defined who I am, and I am beyond blessed to have had them.

Fireball9199
07-31-2011, 12:27 AM
FIRST is a place where I truly belong

FIRST is late nights and early mornings with the team, working on the robot

and most important FIRST is Family

Joe G.
07-31-2011, 12:56 AM
"FIRST is the hardest fun you'll ever have" -- a classic one from Woodie Flowers.

I like the one in my signature too...its my stock response when new students don't think they have it in them to build a robot.

FRC4ME
07-31-2011, 04:28 AM
FIRST is the one place in the world where everything is as it should be.