PDA

View Full Version : Best option for a school lab

2544HCRC
08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
I was talking with the Drafting and design teacher last year and mentioned that we might be able to put Autodesk in the lab through robotics. Now this is a lab that had been pretty much left for dead. The idea was that we could put the software in the lab and then the robo kids could use the computers in the lab after school. This would also give our kids a chance to learn from the teacher of this course, use him as a resource, and reserect his lab. He did mention that he has an older version of Pro E that the old machines couldn't run. He ordered 12 computers for this year and now I'm looking at the autocad site and my first login and it looks like I can't get him the software.

For those of you in the know, what are the options? This is a High School lab, not a votech lab. Kids take the course for 1 period a day as an elective. As mentioned, 12 stations. Any ideas on what it would cost to get Inventor in this lab? Other ideas?

sanddrag
09-01-2011, 12:52 AM
If the machines won't run an old version of ProE they sure won't run Inventor. If you do have the machines for it though, you're probably looking at a bit over $1000/yr for a license.

msimon785
09-01-2011, 01:06 AM
You are a school, an academic institution. Anyone involved with an academic institution, ie. a student, teacher, or administrator, is eligible to download each and every Autodesk developed software from their education website (http://students.autodesk.com). Feel free to register your FRC (or any other team) on their website and create yourself an account. The rules basically permit one license per computer per software.
Good Luck!

sanddrag
09-01-2011, 09:12 AM
The rules basically permit one license per computer per software.
But not in a general education classroom lab setting, to be used during the school day.