PDA

View Full Version : UTC Internship Program for FIRST Alumni

smurfgirl
12-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone! I thought you might like to know that UTC has a new internship program for FIRST alumni. Hopefully this is helpful to someone. :)

If you thought the sporting challenges of the FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics Competition were great experiences, then just imagine how awesome a FIRST Robotics Internship Program with UTC would be!

As you know, the FIRST Robotics competition is close to the hearts of all of us at UTC. Since 1995, UTC has contributed more than $3 million in an effort to inspire a new generation of scientists and engineers. Our shared goal gains strength each year with the number of UTC employees who volunteer their time and shared expertise to help students reach their goals and incite new dreams. The UTC brands include Carrier, Hamilton Sundstrand, Otis, Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, UTC Fire & Security, and UTC Power.

The FIRST Robotics Internship Program offers an extension of that competition by providing a few select students the opportunity to intern with UTC and expand skill sets to accommodate a sound foundation for your career.

The FIRST Robotics Internship offers you the opportunity to work in one of the following functional areas:

Aerospace
Acoustics / Avionics
Chemical
Computer / Software
Electrical
Fire Protection
Industrial
Manufacturing / Process / Quality
Material Science
Mechanical
Systems

Applicant Qualifiers

College students majoring in Engineering
Students that were, or are still part of the FIRST Robotics Competition

How to apply:
Please fill out our online application form by clicking here (http://www.utcjobs.com/apply_online_1.asp?JobID=2392496&User_ID=).

For additional information about UTC's commitment to the FIRST Robotics Competition, please visit our Web page by clicking here (http://www.utc.com/Corporate+Responsibility/Community/First).

Ian Curtis
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
That's great! I know FIRST was the only thing I did in high school that was on my resume and I got lots of comments about it. Seems like every engineer was involved with FRC or has a friend who is/was involved.