PDA

View Full Version : Do horizontal dimensions include the bumper?

wacomom
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I have looked at R01 and R02 but to me it is not clear if the bumpers, usually 2 1/2 inchces need to be included in the 28" x 38" or is that just the frame perimeter and the 2 1/2 " bumper can extend beyond those spec measurements?? THank you.

Daniel_LaFleur
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
I have looked at R01 and R02 but to me it is not clear if the bumpers, usually 2 1/2 inchces need to be included in the 28" x 38" or is that just the frame perimeter and the 2 1/2 " bumper can extend beyond those spec measurements?? THank you.

[R03] The Robot weight may not exceed 120 lbs. When determining weight, the basic Robot structure and all elements of all additional Mechanisms that might be used in different configurations of the Robot shall be weighed together.

For the purposes of determining compliance with the weight and volume limitations, the items listed below are not included in the weight assessment:
A. the 12V battery and its associated half of the Anderson cable quick connect/disconnect pair (including no more than 12 in. of cable per leg, the associated cable lugs, connecting bolts, and insulation) and
B. Bumpers (including Bumper covers, if appropriate).

Bumpers are not included. ;)

wacomom
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you!!

J_Miles
01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
...is that just the frame perimeter

As stated before, this is the case. Also, for future reference, unless explicitly stated otherwise, the robot's maximum dimensions refer to the frame perimeter; however, it's always good to confirm this.

Cheers, and happy building!