Go to Post Now there is something I am going to suggest to my team...."testing before ship (bag)"....on second thought, maybe I'll just ref! - ExTexan [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Team San Diego Web Liaison
AKA: Cameron Dennis
FRC #1266 (The Devil Duckies)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
cdennisxlx2 is a splendid one to beholdcdennisxlx2 is a splendid one to beholdcdennisxlx2 is a splendid one to beholdcdennisxlx2 is a splendid one to beholdcdennisxlx2 is a splendid one to beholdcdennisxlx2 is a splendid one to beholdcdennisxlx2 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to cdennisxlx2
CVR Chairman's announcement - judges song

I just wanted to share this video of the judges in CVR presenting the Regional Chairman's winner. They wrote a song for us which made it specifically awesome to win.

[YouTube] - Central Valley Regional Chairman's announcement and song
www.sandiegoregional.com
www.frc1266.com
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM
FRC #1912 (Team Combustion)

Rookie Year: 2006
rachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CVR Chairman's announcement - judges song

Oh that is so cute.. Congrats! I know when I watch the announcement of our RCA win I get shivers up my spine. So you guys must get shivers and laughs when you rewatch this. I believed they played Party Rock Anthem when we won too. Must be a thing..

2006 - 2013: FIRST Team 1912 Combustion (Webmaster / Controls Capt / Beta Test Lead / Drive Capt / JrFLL Coach)
2013 Woodie Flowers Finalist for Wendy Holladay. 2010 - 2013 Regional Chairman's Award at the Bayou Regional. 2011 - 2012 Best Website at the Bayou Regional. 2010 - 2013 Beta Test Team for Hardware and LabVIEW. 2012 JrFLL State Expo Coordinator.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Is winter over yet?
FRC #1676 (Pascack PI Oneers)

DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute

That's just AWESOME! Nobody else (that I know of) has their own Chairman's song.

(Hmmm. A Motorola team winning RCA ...)

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 06:37 PM
The GURU Channel
AKA: Richard Sisk
FRC #2493 (Robokong)

Rookie Year: 2007
rsisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond reputersisk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to rsisk

The person that wrote and sang the song was Liberty Naud (Liberty4All). You may recognize her as the mentor for team 3521 Noble Nuts that was featured on the Will.I.Am special last fall (she was wearing the jester's hat then and now).

Liberty is a pretty amazing person and truly embodies the spirit of FIRST and loves to have fun with it. She has been a key factor in the growth of FIRST robotics here in the Inland Empire area of CA, bringing FLL and FRC to the Coachella Valley an area with it's share of challenges.

She will be at CMP (probably still wearing the jester hat), so if you see her, be sure to say hi.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 06:39 PM
6 events this season?
FRC #0125 (EWCP)

Rookie Year: 2000
Andrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Schreiber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsisk View Post
The person that wrote and sang the song was Liberty Naud (Liberty4All). You may recognize her as the mentor for team 3521 Noble Nuts that was featured on the Will.I.Am special last fall (she was wearing the jester's hat then and now).

Liberty is a pretty amazing person and truly embodies the spirit of FIRST and loves to have fun with it. She has been a key factor in the growth of FIRST robotics here in the Inland Empire area of CA, bringing FLL and FRC to the Coachella Valley an area with it's share of challenges.

She will be at CMP (probably still wearing the jester hat), so if you see her, be sure to say hi.
Liberty is freaking awesome! She has a really infectious spirit, I'm totally geeked about getting to maybe work with her at CMP this year.

Planning to top a 4 banner year...
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
FRC #0604 (Quixilver)

Rookie Year: 2003
kmehta is a jewel in the roughkmehta is a jewel in the roughkmehta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelholladay View Post
I believed they played Party Rock Anthem when we won too. Must be a thing..
They played it when we won too and at all of the other regionals I watched via webcast. I think it's a standard thing just like how they play "All Star" during RAS.
2013 - SAC Quality Award; SVR WFFA, Regional Chairman's Award
2014 - SDR Entrepreneurship Award; SVR Regional Chairman's Award
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2012, 01:05 AM
AKA: Simon Bohn
FRC #0639 (Code Red)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
Grim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmehta View Post
They played it when we won too and at all of the other regionals I watched via webcast. I think it's a standard thing just like how they play "All Star" during RAS.
And "On the edge of glory" for Finalists.

-Buckeye Regional Champion 2013, 2014
-Newton Division Finalists 2012 thanks to 68 and 330
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2012, 01:20 AM
DAAP Slapped
AKA: Erin
no team
Team Role: College Student

elemental is a glorious beacon of lightelemental is a glorious beacon of lightelemental is a glorious beacon of lightelemental is a glorious beacon of lightelemental is a glorious beacon of lightelemental is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Tuesday View Post
And "On the edge of glory" for Finalists.
Which I find rather ironic.
Class of 2016

Alumni Team#2655 The Flying Platypi
Website Evaluator - Palmetto & Queen City Regionals 2012
Event Volunteer - Peachtree 2012
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:00 PM
FTC Affiliate Partner, Los Angeles
AKA: Liberty Naud
FLL #0065 (X-Treme Team)

Rookie Year: 2009
Liberty4All is a jewel in the roughLiberty4All is a jewel in the roughLiberty4All is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Liberty4All

Awww...you guys are SO SWEET! I love love loved writing the song for the Chairman's Award at CVR. The Motorolla Devil Duckies were truly inspirational.

And Rick - you are pretty awesome yourself.

Andy - Can't wait until next week to judge at CMP...super stoked

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: