OCCRA
Go to Post You only really ever need 2 things in your tool box: A Hammer to separate things that shouldn't be together, and Duct Tape to put things together that shouldn't be apart. - Dave_222 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-10-2003, 08:13 PM
AKA: Paul Luffel
FRC #1127 (Lotus Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
pauluffel is a jewel in the roughpauluffel is a jewel in the roughpauluffel is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to pauluffel
Awesome Mentor

This year I started a rookie team by myself and then I found an engineer who was interested and decided to help. Since then, he has done entirely too much for my team (we show up at the meetings on monday and discover new parts welded together and parts machined at his brother"s machine shop - which is a couple hundred miles away). We really need a way to show our appreciation for his efforts, but all we can think of now is repaying him for the parts he"s bought. Any other ideas?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-10-2003, 08:52 PM
\: |
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
FotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond reputeFotoPlasma has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FotoPlasma
I'm thinking that something like a plaque, presented by the rest of the team and yourself would be one of the better ways to go. They don't have to be very expensive (but they can be, if you'd like), and they tend to show appreciation very well.

Just one thought, though I'm sure there're many other ways of expressing how grateful and respectful you are.

2001-2004: Team 258, The Sea Dawgs
2005: Team 1693, The Robo Lobos
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-11-2003, 12:45 AM
#0692 (Fembots)

Hermione692 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Hermione692
I'd throw a really big party for him. it can be FIRST themed and everything. I could just see the first symbol being printed onto napkins..lol. And maybe for a present you can have a specially made shirt with Coach_____ on it and everyone's name or something.
uuuoo, and make it a surprise party, that'd be even better
hmm.. back to thinking,
Hermione

2003 Sac Regional Champs!!

*****"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business. Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git. Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor. Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slime ball"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: