Go to Post Look, it's only August. You got approximately 6 months to enjoy your life until season starts. Enjoy it while it lasts... - Arefin Bari [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2004, 09:31 PM
#0905 (Razor Burn)
Team Role: Programmer

Chris Hleva is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Hleva
Question Compiling Problems

I have a slight problem, I can't seem to compile any of our programs and get them suscesfully running on the RC. It has been tried on a couple computers and I always get the same message. I have looked around for it but haven't seen anything doing with it. It even happens with the default program. I use the use the build command and it goes though and then I get this message.

Quote:
Deleting intermediary files... done.
Executing: "c:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F8520 "main.c" -fo="main.o" -D_FRC_BOARD -D_SIMULATOR -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "c:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F8520 "user_routines_fast.c" -fo="user_routines_fast.o" -D_FRC_BOARD -D_SIMULATOR -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "c:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F8520 "user_routines.c" -fo="user_routines.o" -D_FRC_BOARD -D_SIMULATOR -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "c:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F8520 "printf_lib.c" -fo="printf_lib.o" -D_FRC_BOARD -D_SIMULATOR -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "c:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F8520 "ifi_utilities.c" -fo="ifi_utilities.o" -D_FRC_BOARD -D_SIMULATOR -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "c:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F8520 "ifi_startup.c" -fo="ifi_startup.o" -D_FRC_BOARD -D_SIMULATOR -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "c:\mcc18\bin\mplink.exe" /l"C:\mcc18\lib" "18f8520user.lkr" "C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\main.o" "C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\user_routines_fast.o" "C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\user_routines.o" "C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\printf_lib.o" "C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\ifi_utilities.o" "C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\ifi_startup.o" "C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\FRC_library.lib" /m"FrcCode.map" /o"FrcCode.cof"
MPLINK 3.40, Linker
Copyright (c) 2003 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - could not find definition of symbol 'AARGB0' in file 'C:\Robotics\Coding\Default Code\TestComp\user_routines.o'.
Errors : 1

BUILD FAILED: Wed Feb 18 22:20:21 2004

Does anyone know how to fix this真真真
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Software Engineer
VRC #0111 (Wildstang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1995
Dave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Compiling Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hleva
Does anyone know how to fix this真真真
Well, it's caused by the fact that you're using a variable or function named 'AARGB0' but you never define it anywhere. It's hard to help more without seeing the code that's using this symbol.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2004, 09:53 PM
no team

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

I think I remember something about not putting your code too deep in directory trees, because the whole directory/filename has to be less than a certain number of characters?

you got your code buried 4 directories deep - I dont know it thats part of your problem - might have something to do with it.

BTW - AARGBO looks like you dropped something on the keyboard while the editor was open :^)

Last edited by KenWittlief : 02-18-2004 at 09:56 PM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2004, 10:38 PM
#0905 (Razor Burn)

Unhappy Re: Compiling Problems

It happens on all programs that I try to compile, even the default code I redownloaded from First to check it. And it isin't the directory structure, because it does the same thing from root directorys.

The one I posted was just opens and compiled quick to get the error message htat keeps coming up.

And the term AARGB0 gets 152 hits on Google about byte lengths for programing.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...UTF-8&q=AARGB0

Last edited by Chris Hleva : 02-18-2004 at 10:41 PM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Software Engineer
VRC #0111 (Wildstang)

Rookie Year: 1995
Dave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It happens on all programs that I try to compile, even the default code I redownloaded from First to check it. And it isin't the directory structure, because it does the same thing from root directorys.

The one I posted was just opens and compiled quick to get the error message htat keeps coming up.

And the term AARGB0 gets 152 hits on Google about byte lengths for programing.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...UTF-8&q=AARGB0
In that case, I'll bet there's a problem with your compiler install. I just checked, and this symbol is included in clib.lib (from the MPLAB install). Check for this file on your system. You might also consider reinstalling MPLAB into a different directory.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Programming User
FRC #1317 (Digital Fusion)

Rookie Year: 2004
Ryan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWittlief
I think I remember something about not putting your code too deep in directory trees, because the whole directory/filename has to be less than a certain number of characters?

you got your code buried 4 directories deep - I dont know it thats part of your problem - might have something to do with it.

BTW - AARGBO looks like you dropped something on the keyboard while the editor was open :^)
Just for the record, the character limit is 64.

Yeah, try reinstalling MPLAB. Uninstall it first, then look at the PATH enviroment variable and delete any reference to the compiler or anything. Our team has found that it is incredibly picky about being first in the list (we don't know why) and not having any other references to itself. (If you don't know how to view your path, type "msconfig" in a run dialog. Click on the enviroment tab in the window that appears.) After that fun, you can then try reinstalling MPLAB.

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2004, 07:18 AM
#0905 (Razor Burn)

I scanned my hard drive and I coulden't find any file with AARGB0 in it, not including history for google searches. the last thing I can thing of is the CD is corrupted. It has happened on the computer I use in school, my home computer, and the other programmers computer when he tried it last night.

Can anyone send me the clib.lib file真 and the path it is installed in真

Also, I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling several times and it still does the same thing
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Programming User
FRC #1317 (Digital Fusion)

Ryan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud ofRyan M. has much to be proud of

Quote:
I scanned my hard drive and I coulden't find any file with AARGB0 in it, not including history for google searches. the last thing I can thing of is the CD is corrupted. It has happened on the computer I use in school, my home computer, and the other programmers computer when he tried it last night.

Can anyone send me the clib.lib file真 and the path it is installed in真

Also, I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling several times and it still does the same thing
Did you change the PATH like I suggested?

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2004, 04:12 PM
no team

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

did you follow the instructions on the innovationfirst site for installing the MPLAB SW?

you cant use the install that came with the disk - there is a very explicit set of instructions you have to follow, this might be why its acting the same everywhere you install it?
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 03:17 PM
An inspired alumnus
AKA: Jamie Bliss
no team (previously 904 (D-cubed) and 1227 (Techno-Gremlins))
Team Role: Alumni

Astronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Astronouth7303 Send a message via AIM to Astronouth7303 Send a message via MSN to Astronouth7303 Send a message via Yahoo to Astronouth7303

Yea, Follow the instructions in the auto-run app.

PS- why did they do it that way in the first place?
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 03:25 PM
More Grizzle
None #0341 (Daisy)

fred is on a distinguished road

We actually had a problem like this with a file called adc.h. We just had to reinstall the default code in the right folder I think. C/mcc18/bin/c18 or something like that I think. This is all from my memory and I might be wrong, but hope it helps.

-Anonymous
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
An inspired alumnus
AKA: Jamie Bliss
no team (previously 904 (D-cubed) and 1227 (Techno-Gremlins))
Team Role: Alumni

Astronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud ofAstronouth7303 has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Astronouth7303 Send a message via AIM to Astronouth7303 Send a message via MSN to Astronouth7303 Send a message via Yahoo to Astronouth7303

Ah, yes. I had to fix that yesterday. adc.h is a standard header. Be sure to set the right locations in MPLAB. Project > Set Language Tool Locations... This will set the default dirs. Oh, and delete the stuff in Project > Build Options... > Project > General That way it defaults to what you just put in. And use the MPLAB locations next time you compile, a dialog comes up.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: