OCCRA
Go to Post We do have a good time. Mr. Bill - Bill Beatty [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 12:02 AM
The Lizard King
AKA: Matt
FRC #1676
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
mhayon is just really nicemhayon is just really nicemhayon is just really nicemhayon is just really nice
New to FIRST

Hey Guys,

I'm the Student Leader of Team 1676. This is our first year competing in FIRST (I'm quite hilarious, as you're finding out).

I founded the Engineering Club at my school after having competed in the Panasonic Creative Design Challenge for two years (you guys probably aren't familiar). Well, the challenge was cancelled, and our advisors and students didn't really know what to do. So I started the Engineering Club, and now we're competing in FIRST so that I could give these students "the opportunity I had found in the Panasonic Challenge" (to quote my UPenn essay...btw I'm a Senior).

That's my life story. Well, some of it. Anyway, I'm glad to be competing in FIRST, and I just want to introduce myself.

Thanks guys,
Matt Hayon
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 12:18 AM
6 years and counting! :)
AKA: the only fish in FIRST
FRC #0007 (Team 007); FRC #1719 (Umbrella Corp)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Dorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dorienne
Re: New to FIRST

Welcome to FIRST, Matt!
This is really exciting, especially when you figure there are many new teams this year. I hope you like it here on Chief Delphi. It really is a nice place.
FIRST has so many wonderful opportunities to offer, it's an endless thing. I hope that your team will be able to enjoy the wonderful experiences FIRST has to offer.
Good luck this year, and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me or IM me. You'll find that information in my profile.
=) --Dori

Proud mentor to teams 007 and 1719!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 12:22 AM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

A warm welcome for Matt and his team 1676. thanks for expanding FIRST by adding another team on the list. if you need any help, dont hesitate to ask us.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 07:45 AM
This Space For Sale
AKA: Anthony Mangia
#1257 (Parallel Universe)
Team Role: Scout

Aignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant futureAignam has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Aignam Send a message via Yahoo to Aignam

Welcome to FIRST. You've never seen anything like this.

Aignam. Pronounced A-Num. Mangia backwards.

NJFIRST.org | Best Thread. Ever.

AIM: Aignam | ICQ: 265237569 | E-mail: AnthonyMangia@aol.com | HTTP: www.aignam.com
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 08:04 AM
FRC #0573 (Mech Warriors)

Lisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

Mentor - Team 573, Mech Warriors
Former Mentor - Team 830, Rat Pack and Team 3182, Athena's Warriors
Proud Alumna - Team 573, Mech Warriors and Team 1, Juggernauts
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Now comes without cockiness.
AKA: Corn Dog
FRC #0125
Team Role: College Student

Corey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Corey Balint

Welcome Matt.

We, team 25, had your mentors over a few weeks back and have started to help mentoring, at least a general mentorship of you guys for the season. If you need anything, you can contact us. Hopefully a few of us from 25 may be sick one day, and go to your school and help you guys out for a little while and show you what FIRST is really about and some other random things about FIRST. You can find almost anything here on ChiefDelphi and if you can't, make a thread, or ask someone from 25, and if we don't know, I'm sure we can find that out for ya. Hopefully you guys have a great rookie season and have some great seasons yet to come.
Don't be scared to post something that is more than "dave is great" "here's my caption contest entry" and "overdrive is the best thing ever". Say something interesting. Say something that will make others think. Create discussion.
If you do say something that isn't just for fun or praising something, which hopefully you do, just be prepared to back up what you said.

Remember: GP is Gracious Professionalism, not Glorifiying Plesantries. Saying something negative does not mean you are evil. It could help someone out a lot.

Anything that I post is an opinion from my own mind. Some may agree with it, others may not. However do not negatively associate anyone else, including any team I work with, with my opinion.

Last edited by Corey Balint : 12-29-2004 at 08:19 AM. Reason: forgot something.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 08:54 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 1995
Ashley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New to FIRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Balint
Welcome Matt.

We, team 25, had your mentors over a few weeks back and have started to help mentoring, at least a general mentorship of you guys for the season. If you need anything, you can contact us. Hopefully a few of us from 25 may be sick one day, and go to your school and help you guys out for a little while and show you what FIRST is really about and some other random things about FIRST. You can find almost anything here on ChiefDelphi and if you can't, make a thread, or ask someone from 25, and if we don't know, I'm sure we can find that out for ya. Hopefully you guys have a great rookie season and have some great seasons yet to come.

It's wonderful to see "aged and experienced" teams, and all teams, reaching out to new founded teams to help them become established and gain a preview on what is ahead.

Best of Luck to you Matt, and 1676 in the new year!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Iraq is fun.
AKA: Brad Cahn
no team (Robobees 836)

Bcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond reputeBcahn836 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bcahn836 Send a message via Yahoo to Bcahn836

Welcome, if you have any questions about FIRST this is truly the place to be.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 01:46 PM
FRC 812/3476 Mentor
AKA: George
FRC #0812 (Midnight Mechanics)

Rookie Year: 2002
DCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aignam
Welcome to FIRST. You've never seen anything like this.
He's pretty much right. Welcome, and feel free to ask around for help, we don't bite around here....at least most of us don't

2001-2005 FRC294 Beach Cities Robotics
2005-Present FRC812 Midnight Mechanics
2012 FRC3476 Code Orange
2003-Present Volunteer, FRC/FTC/FLL/VRC

NEMO | San Diego Regional
| FIRST California
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
FRC #0030

Rookie Year: 2002
Venkatesh is a splendid one to beholdVenkatesh is a splendid one to beholdVenkatesh is a splendid one to beholdVenkatesh is a splendid one to beholdVenkatesh is a splendid one to beholdVenkatesh is a splendid one to beholdVenkatesh is a splendid one to beholdVenkatesh is a splendid one to behold

Hey! Good luck to a fellow NJ team! If you need any help at all, feel free to contact us!

And what did you think of the old Panasonic Competetions, btw?
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to FIRST! on behalf of 45 and all other IndianaFIRST teams!

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:19 AM
robotics=addiction
AKA: meghan
FRC #0832 (Chimera)
Team Role: Team Spirit / Cheering

Rookie Year: 2006
riboSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: New to FIRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Love
Welcome to FIRST! on behalf of 45 and all other IndianaFIRST teams!
this is my second year on my team but my grade were horrible durring the FIRST season last year which makes this my first FIRST year haha well so far i think its awesome, i am working with the t-shirts, design and spirit( even thought i am a girl.. its what i am best at) haha well welcome to everyone else too!
and
"where are you going?!?"
to the nurse ..DO'H
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Broadcast Eng/Chief Robot Inspector
AKA: Big Al
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Al Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhayon
Hey Guys,

I'm the Student Leader of Team 1676. This is our first year competing in FIRST (I'm quite hilarious, as you're finding out).
Matt,
Welcome aboard, we are glad to have you. You will not find a greater bunch of people then those here on CD. Learn quickly that any questions you have can be answered here. Let me offer the help of Wildstang Team #111. If you need anything, just ask.
Hope to see you soon.
www.wildstang.org
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Now a CSWA
AKA: Cristian Arcega
FRC #0842 (Falcon Robotics)

dude__hi is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: New to FIRST

Welcome to first the place where you can be competitive in a team, here people can learn more in one year of FIRST than in four years of high school.

2008 FIRST Chairman's Award Winner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: