Go to Post Al Gore invented the internet...right? :p - coastertux [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Melodious Footware
AKA: *Crash!* Shuuuuuuuuuuuu
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Shu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Shu Song
OI Display problem?

I don't know whether I should be alarmed by this or not, but here's what happened.

The 4-digit display on our OI was displaying only one digit at a time, from right to left. All the information that it displays is correct; for instance it will display 9, then 3, then 6 then 0, for our team number.

The OI was orginially powered by the tether. When we switched power over to being powered by the adapter, everything started working again.

Has this happened to any other teams? If so, should we be concerned or is it only an isolated occurence.

WINNER of the 2005 Finger Lakes Regional, thanks to teams 191 and 494.
WINNER of the 2004 Canadian Regional, thanks to teams 33 and 1112
WINNER of Delphi: Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award at the 2007 Finger Lakes Regional.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Forever chasing the 'bot around
AKA: Jacob Rau
FRC #2586

Rookie Year: 2004
JBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJBotAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JBotAlan Send a message via Yahoo to JBotAlan Send a message via Skype™ to JBotAlan
Re: OI Display problem?

I have never seen this before, but the only thing I can say is: low battery? Sounds weird. Can you do it again? If it happens again I might e-mail Innovation First about it, but if it doesn't happen again I wouldn't be worried.
Former Programming mentor for FRC2586 (Copper Robotics)
Alumni programmer of FRC68 (Truck Town Thunder)
I can help with programming problems. Let me know if you need help. (I don't bite )
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:17 AM
misses his IFI control system
FRC #0973 (GRR)

Rookie Year: 2004
Mike Hendricks is a name known to allMike Hendricks is a name known to allMike Hendricks is a name known to allMike Hendricks is a name known to allMike Hendricks is a name known to allMike Hendricks is a name known to all

Considering the fact that the controller is powered by the arena controllers at the competitions .. I wouldnt worry too much. As long as the bot works fine tethered (regardless of the display) .. I would just ignore it. If theres a problem at a competition .. you could always borrow a OI from FIRST.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Melodious Footware
AKA: *Crash!* Shuuuuuuuuuuuu
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
Shu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Shu Song

Thanks guys; I can sleep at night now.

WINNER of the 2005 Finger Lakes Regional, thanks to teams 191 and 494.
WINNER of the 2004 Canadian Regional, thanks to teams 33 and 1112
WINNER of Delphi: Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award at the 2007 Finger Lakes Regional.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute

This happend to my team a few years back. It turned out to be a cold solder joint somewhere, and IFI replaced the OI under warranty.

I'd call them ASAP because it's better to be without your OI now then in a week or too.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: