OCCRA
Go to Post Honesty and Integrity is the key to success. - team4384 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 05:37 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
pic: CD on a Super Sized monitor.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
I fix stuff.
AKA: βetamarc
FRC #2836 (Team βeta)

Rookie Year: 1999
Marc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc P. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Marc P.
Re: pic: CD on a Super Sized monitor.

There were 4 of us poking around the Danbury mall in CT. We somehow wandered into the Apple store. Sadly, the first thing that came to all 4 of our minds when we saw that screen was "Dang, I wonder how big ChiefDelphi would look on that monitor..."

Fortunately, all the computers in the Apple Store were online. Elgin couldn't help but snap the picture, while Dez did the same with his cameraphone. (It's a 30" Apple HD Cinema Display... the picture of Travis the UFH is roughly the size of an average person's hand, at some insanely high resolution. Half the newsposts on the portal fit on one long line).
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:08 PM
I named Greg Needel's cat!
AKA: Dave DeLong
no team (Rhode Warriors)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
MrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to MrToast

I'll see if I can get to a local Apple Reseller that has a G5 with the dual 30"...

Dave
(#121, 2004) Archimedes semi-finalists with 237 and 386! I had an awesome time guys, and thanks for the hat!
(#121, 2004) BC5 semi-finalists with 190 and 1027! Awesome time! We went further than I thought we could! Thanks for all your help w/ our transmission!
(#121, 2005) Galileo quarter-finalists with 47 and 203! Thanks for all your support through the stress!
------------------------------
If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40
"It'll all work out in the end, and if it doesn't, it's not the end." - Jeff Bullock
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Doctor to be
AKA: Ali Ahmed
FRC #0004 (Team 4 ELEMENT)

Rookie Year: 2002
ali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ali_rockon22

Thats awesome. I'll try to hook up my laptop to my 42" plasma TV and see how CD looks on that.

Last edited by ali_rockon22 : 04-12-2005 at 08:56 PM. Reason: 42' plasma? Am I crazy?!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so I saw that and just couldn't resist. Here is 63 inches of ChiefDelphi.com!!!

(aahh, the fun you can have with an extra monitor and video card lying around the house...)

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!

Last edited by dlavery : 04-12-2005 at 09:25 PM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:47 PM
no team (Rhode Warriors)

MrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud ofMrToast has much to be proud of

Holy crap....
(#121, 2004) Archimedes semi-finalists with 237 and 386! I had an awesome time guys, and thanks for the hat!
(#121, 2004) BC5 semi-finalists with 190 and 1027! Awesome time! We went further than I thought we could! Thanks for all your help w/ our transmission!
(#121, 2005) Galileo quarter-finalists with 47 and 203! Thanks for all your support through the stress!
"It'll all work out in the end, and if it doesn't, it's not the end." - Jeff Bullock
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Hmm..now what?
FRC #1138 (Eagle Engineering)

Rookie Year: 2005
Jeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeff K. Send a message via MSN to Jeff K.

Whoaaa...that is shweeeeet
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
DC Regional VC
no team (Former Team Paragon member)

Levin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud ofLevin571 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Levin571

Man, Dave always has to one up us. We build robots to play games, he build robots to go on other planets, Elgin makes CD 30 inches, you make it 63 inches.

2003-2005 Driver/Operator
2006 Scout

2004 UTC New Englands Winner

Co-Founder of FF
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Doctor to be
AKA: Ali Ahmed
FRC #0004 (Team 4 ELEMENT)

ali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of lightali_rockon22 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ali_rockon22

Darn. I guess my 42" is not enough. Oh well
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:54 PM
no team (Rhode Warriors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_rockon22
Darn. I guess my 42" is not enough. Oh well
*Whew* I'm glad that your other post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_rockon22
...hook up my laptop to my 42' plasma TV...
...was just a typo

Dave
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 10:04 PM
It's hard hat time here in Boston
AKA: DFB
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)
Team Role: Engineer

Daniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Daniel Brim

Ah, behold the power of CSS

(Now if you pronounce that like Ceese then you will understand why that is funny )

Dave, you have too much spare time! (Imagine what would happen if he spent all of that time designing the game!)

-Daniel
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBCR
Dave, you have too much spare time! (Imagine what would happen if he spent all of that time designing the game!)

-Daniel
Water Game!

Team 254 | San Jose, CA | Mentor (2010 - Present)
Team 125 | Boston, MA | College Student (2007 - 2011)
Team 195 | Southington, CT | Student (2002 - 2006)
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Gone to school, back in 2016
FRC #0269 (Cooney Robotics); FLL #1855 (Cooney Tech/St. Jerome)

dubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond repute

Aww man Dave, just when I finish cleaning all of the drool off of my pro keyboard....

I love those 30" monitors. They are simply beautiful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: