OCCRA
Go to Post You can never go wrong by gaining height by way of a Segway. - Elgin Clock [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > FRC Game Design
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute
pic: 2007 Game Hint?

"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lets do this....
FRC #2848 (All-sparks)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Needel Send a message via Skype™ to Greg Needel
Re: pic: 2007 Game Hint?

i understand the part about the water but what is that banana doing there
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 02:07 PM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari

You gotta be kidding me... it's been only 2 days since the 2006 game clue has been posted and now 2007 game clue with a picture? I am assuming that Dave loves this time of the year when he gets to mess around with our head.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

I figured that we may as well get this out of the way now. Everyone has been clamoring for so long for a water-based game (I am still trying for the jello-based game, but that is another discussion for another time...), that we had to just give in and give the teams what they were demanding. However, everyone involved with the game design process realized that the infrastructure modifications that would be needed were fairly substantial, and probably not the sort of thing that could be done on short notice. Therefore, we have modified our system to release this hint a full year in advance so that both teams and competition facilities can begin to consider how to contend with this twist on the game concept. So now you have something to do other than burning out all those brain cells trying to decipher the 2006 Official Game Hint!

-dave

p.s. you will find out what the banana is for in April.
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Survived year 1–year 2 comes quick!
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #7016/7017 (Garnet Squadron Alfa/Bravo)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlavery
you will find out what the banana is for in April.
Can we get a date on that, Dave? We could probably get Brandon to put it on the countdowns.

By the way, why does the short blue robot always get picked on? It got a 2X ball to the head in FIRST Frenzy's animation (not to mention the jumping up and down trying to hang), whacked in the head by a big hand as it tried to climb the ramp in Stack Attack, was jerked around by its human player in Triple Play (and was the only one lacking an arm), and now this!
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.

Last edited by Billfred : 12-25-2005 at 02:43 PM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute

You did not just go there, Dave.
You know how these kids are about thier liquid obsession.
Now were gonna have to hear about it for a whole year!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 03:39 PM
no team

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

One fish
Two fish
Red fish
Blue fish
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 03:40 PM
AKA: El Presidente'
None #0498 (Cobra Commanders)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2003
Dested will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dested

Wo wo, is this serious, or is dave screwin with us again. Is next years game reallllly gonna be underwater!?

2001 Team Spirit Award - Southern California Regional
2004 Sportsmanship Award - Arizona Regional
2004 Finalist - Arizona Regional Thanks (Team 696 & 80)
2004 Master Plan Award - Arizona Regional (Team 60)
2005 #4 Seed - Arizona Regional
2005 Regional Semi Finalist - Arizona Regional Thanks (Team 980 & 96)
2005 GM Industrial Design Award - Arizona Regional
2005 Highest Regional Score - 112 - Arizona Regional
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)

Rookie Year: 2004
Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dested
Wo wo, is this serious, or is dave screwin with us again. Is next years game reallllly gonna be underwater!?
Well, duh, I mean when was the last time Dave had fun screwing with our heads?

Last edited by Ian Curtis : 12-25-2005 at 04:45 PM. Reason: wrong word order
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 04:19 PM
AKA: El Presidente'
None #0498 (Cobra Commanders)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2003
Dested will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dested

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCurtis
Hahaha, good call.

2001 Team Spirit Award - Southern California Regional
2004 Sportsmanship Award - Arizona Regional
2004 Finalist - Arizona Regional Thanks (Team 696 & 80)
2004 Master Plan Award - Arizona Regional (Team 60)
2005 #4 Seed - Arizona Regional
2005 Regional Semi Finalist - Arizona Regional Thanks (Team 980 & 96)
2005 GM Industrial Design Award - Arizona Regional
2005 Highest Regional Score - 112 - Arizona Regional
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Umm Errr...
None #1139 (Chamblee Gear Grinders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Rickertsen2 Send a message via Yahoo to Rickertsen2

NO
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Melodious Footware
AKA: *Crash!* Shuuuuuuuuuuuu
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)

Shu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud ofShu Song has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Shu Song

I foresee a lot of water destroyed robots. Maybe it's just my pessimistic self talking, but I just have a hunch.

WINNER of the 2005 Finger Lakes Regional, thanks to teams 191 and 494.
WINNER of the 2004 Canadian Regional, thanks to teams 33 and 1112
WINNER of Delphi: Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award at the 2007 Finger Lakes Regional.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Down at the railroad
AKA: Jason Hartmann
FRC #0237 (Sie-H2O-Bots [T.R.I.B.E.])

Rookie Year: 1999
Jay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jay H 237

Dave wouldn't need to create an actual water field to get that effect he's looking for.

Having flexible refective surfaces, similar to fun house mirrors, intergrated into the field and/or field objects would give the same effect of the distorted lines from the light waves underwater.

We know he likes to screw with our heads and doing the reflective surface idea I mentioned above would be a great way to screw with the robots during the autonomuos period, especially the CMU cam, and make the game more interesting. I wouldn't put it out of his league on doing it sometime in the future also.
2005 WINNERS of the Radio Shack Innovation in Control Award (not once, but twice! )
2004 WINNERS ------ Johnson & Johnson Mid-Atlantic Regional (also thanks to our alliances 56 & 303)
2004 General Motors Industrial Design Award Winners
2004 Archimedes Quarterfinalists (also thanks to our alliances 121 & 386)

NEMO _________ NonEngineering Mentor Organization
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot!" - author unknown
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 07:22 PM
FRC 812/3476 Mentor
AKA: George
FRC #0812 (Midnight Mechanics)

DCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCurtis
I'm impressed and incredibly amused that you found so many of Dave's evildoings, though granted, they aren't that hard to search out.

2001-2005 FRC294 Beach Cities Robotics
2005-Present FRC812 Midnight Mechanics
2012 FRC3476 Code Orange
2003-Present Volunteer, FRC/FTC/FLL/VRC

NEMO | San Diego Regional
| FIRST California
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Umm Errr...
None #1139 (Chamblee Gear Grinders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Rickertsen2 Send a message via Yahoo to Rickertsen2

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an intro for a game animation where it look like a water game, but then the water drains off and the real game is revealed. I really do not think fish will be in the same arena as our robots.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: