Go to Post Strategy is rarely static, and how you design your robot isn't always the best way to win the game. - Bill Moore [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Electrical Engineer / Computer Geek
AKA: Eldarion Telcontar
no team (Teamless Orphan)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
Eldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Eldarion Send a message via Yahoo to Eldarion
FIRST Email Blast Mailing List now available!

I have set up an email list server to redistribute the FIRST email blasts. The list is free for all to use!

To subscribe, simply send an email to first_relay@pearsoncomputing.net and put the phrase SUBSCRIBE_FRC_RELAY in the subject; you do not need to include a message body. If subscription is successful, you will get an email welcoming you to the list.

Enjoy, and if there are any problems with the system feel free to contact me!

Eldarion

No, I will not use the mailing list for anything other than the FIRST email blasts, and I will not distribute the email addresses on the list to anyone.

Want the FIRST Email blasts? See here: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=50809

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."
-- Thomas Paine

If it's falling apart it's a mechanical problem. If it's spewing smoke it's a electrical problem.
If it's rampaging around destroying things it's a programming problem.

"All technology is run on 'Magic Smoke' contained within the device. As everyone knows, whenever the magic smoke is released, the device ceases to function."
-- Anonymous

I currently speak: English, some German, Verilog, x86 and 8051 Assembler, C, C++, VB, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, HTML, UNIX and SQL

Last edited by Eldarion : 12-11-2006 at 07:44 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-11-2006, 08:25 PM
You didn't see anything....
AKA: Adam
FRC #0501 (Power Knights)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Kingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond reputeKingofl337 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Kingofl337
Re: FIRST Email Blast Mailing List now available!

This is an excellent idea, last year when FIRST sent out easyC
information we discovered that list of e-mails FIRST had on record were not
necessarily going to the right people. Some teams had the purchasing agent
at the school or sponsoring company getting all the e-mail blasts.

[BFIRST Team 146 Blue Lightning - Alumni[/b]
FIRST Team 40 Checkmate
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM
AKA: Christopher
FRC #0269 (CooneyTech Robotics)
Team Role: Webmaster

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris2 has a spectacular aura aboutChris2 has a spectacular aura about

Good idea. Will it be possible for people to unsubscribe in the future, should they no longer want to receive these email blasts?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2006, 10:49 AM

Eldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond reputeEldarion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2 View Post
Good idea. Will it be possible for people to unsubscribe in the future, should they no longer want to receive these email blasts?
Simply send an email with the keyword REMOVE_FRC_RELAY to first_relay@pearsoncomputing.net

Want the FIRST Email blasts? See here: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=50809

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."
-- Thomas Paine

If it's falling apart it's a mechanical problem. If it's spewing smoke it's a electrical problem.

"All technology is run on 'Magic Smoke' contained within the device. As everyone knows, whenever the magic smoke is released, the device ceases to function."
-- Anonymous

I currently speak: English, some German, Verilog, x86 and 8051 Assembler, C, C++, VB, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, HTML, UNIX and SQL
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2006, 03:16 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

I like this idea, because it seems like every few months I drop out of the official FIRST list for some odd reason.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Support Team 696 on DonorsChoose!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Fire Rescue 47
AKA: Kyle Dersch
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Driver

KTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KTorak

Thanks for offering this to us who wouldn't normally be getting these emails.
2006 Bedford Express Driver, Build Team Member, & Board of Directors
2005 Bedford Express Rookie, Build Team Member & Robot Operator
-
2008 - GLR Quarter Finalist
2007 - GLR Finalist & Boilermaker Finalist & MARC Off Season Event Winner
2006 - GLR Johnson & Johnson Sportsmanship Award & Archimedes 7th Seed Quarter Finalist
2005 - GLR Finalist & Judges Award.
2004 - GLR Semi Finalist.
2003 - GLR/DTR Quarter Finalist & GLR/NAT'L Rookie All Star.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-14-2006, 07:22 PM
AKA: Julia Metzler
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
Julia Magoolia is just really niceJulia Magoolia is just really niceJulia Magoolia is just really niceJulia Magoolia is just really niceJulia Magoolia is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Julia Magoolia

Personally, I think it's a great idea- I'm not currently on a team, but I hate being so far out of the loops- this is how I'm going to keep track of what's going on this year!
And also, sometimes even when you ARE on a team, the person assigned to forwarding out the blasts might not do so because a) they're too busy to check their email or b) they don't think it affects the group... I've missed out on more then one big even because of that!
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2006, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Magoolia View Post
And also, sometimes even when you ARE on a team, the person assigned to forwarding out the blasts might not do so because a) they're too busy to check their email or b) they don't think it affects the group... I've missed out on more then one big even because of that!
This is the main reason that I am offering this service; the animation team missed out on the deadline extension Email and we ended up sending in our animation 2 weeks early!

If the blasts do not seem to be coming in for some reason, please write me at eldarion@pearsoncomputing.net. I will then check to make sure that my listserver is still on FIRST's mailing list.

Also, to everyone who gave me good rep, thanks! Think of it as a 'payment' for my free service!

-- Thomas Paine

-- Anonymous

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder

i think its a good idea, another option, is that FIRST is keeping an archive on the usfirst.org webpage....

http://www.usfirst.org/community/frc...t.aspx?id=3520

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2006, 09:26 PM

Would it be possible to make this thread sticky in the FIRST Email Blasts forum? That way, those who would like to sign up to receive the blasts won't have to hunt through pages and pages of ancient threads to find this one.

Thanks!

Eldarion

-- Thomas Paine

-- Anonymous

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Fire Rescue 47
AKA: Kyle Dersch
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Driver

KTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond reputeKTorak has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KTorak

Is there any way to prevent others from sending messages out besides yourself? A mentor just sent out one, and I (thinking it was someone from my own team) replied, but Verizon sent the email to the whole list....doh!
2006 Bedford Express Driver, Build Team Member, & Board of Directors
2005 Bedford Express Rookie, Build Team Member & Robot Operator
-
2008 - GLR Quarter Finalist
2007 - GLR Finalist & Boilermaker Finalist & MARC Off Season Event Winner
2006 - GLR Johnson & Johnson Sportsmanship Award & Archimedes 7th Seed Quarter Finalist
2005 - GLR Finalist & Judges Award.
2004 - GLR Semi Finalist.
2003 - GLR/DTR Quarter Finalist & GLR/NAT'L Rookie All Star.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: