OCCRA
Go to Post The final product, the inspiration, it all that matters. Awards and championships are just bling. - artdutra04 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Test Engineer
AKA: Marshal Horn
FRC #3213 (Thunder Tech)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
kamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to kamocat Send a message via MSN to kamocat Send a message via Skype™ to kamocat
Labview: "draw text" trouble

I'm trying out the "draw text" function(s) in the Picture functions subpallete, (Programming > Graphics > Picture Functions), and I found that it doesn't seem to respond to changes in [user specified font]. While it does respond to "Outline?", it doesn't respond to "Size", "Font Name", or "Bold?" (I haven't tested anything else yet).

Any suggestions?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2008, 11:20 AM
no team (Team NI)

Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Labview: "draw text" trouble

The quickest way to try this out is simply to open the subVI that draws text. I chose Draw Text at Point.vi.

You can now enter params and see what affect they have right away, without having to write a test program.

Some of the things that can go wrong with the inputs are that the desired font isn't set to User-specified. Once it is, it uses the cluster below that describes the font. Some fonts do not support all of the options. Specifically, on Windows, they still ship a decent number of bitmap fonts. Those don't have arbitrary fonts, and will stay at a good size until you get to their next valid one. The bitmap fonts also may not support some of the other settings. If you use something like Arial, you should see all the features work. Use the Font ring to get other font names and try them out too.

If you see other things that don't work, be more specific and I'll look into it.

Greg McKaskle
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Test Engineer
AKA: Marshal Horn
FRC #3213 (Thunder Tech)
Team Role: Mentor

kamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to kamocat Send a message via MSN to kamocat Send a message via Skype™ to kamocat
Re: Labview: "draw text" trouble

Thank you! I didn't notice the "desired font" control before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: