Go to Post I suspect the GDC is enjoying watching teams wrap their heads around this ranking algorithm.... and is probably a bit surprised that it has taken teams so long to clue in to the options this ranking system presents to them. - dtengineering [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > FIRST in Michigan
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Programmer, Scouter, Tactician, etc
FRC #0364 (Team Fusion)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2010
Jimmy the Kidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Doing some scouting, and confused...

So, this is my first year of intense scouting, and the Michigan tournament structure is confusing me a bit. Are the district competitions, say, similar to the semifinals? I mean that as those who come out on top of all the district competitions compete at MI state champs, and only those can go to the championship?
Please help me out on this.

The GDC needs to write the rules once and let the game be what the game is going to be. There's little that's fun about being told exactly how to play with your toys. - Madison
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Retired
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
Jack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doing some scouting, and confused...

http://www.firstinmichigan.org/FRC_2...Supplement.pdf
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Sort of.

All MI teams compete in 2 district competitions. At each district competition, the teams earn points towards the State Championship. The top X teams (usually around 65 or so) in points after all the districts are complete are invited to MSC. If a team doesn't want to go, the next team on the list gets a spot.

District CA winners also get an automatic bid.

After MSC, the 3 RCA winners, the 3 winners, and 3 other teams (I think it's 2 RAS and 1 EI) get slots at the Championship, along with the top 9 teams that are left (or appropriate subs for teams that don't want to go). MI gets 18 total slots, not counting preregistration.

There's a MI Rules Supplement somewhere on the FIRST in Michigan page. That may help you out a bit.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Retired
no team

Jack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJack Jones has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, you don't really need to do intense scouting, two words can describe the teams from MI going to the CMP : "Shock and Awe"
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Programmer, Scouter, Tactician, etc
FRC #0364 (Team Fusion)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2010
Jimmy the Kidd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Jones View Post
BTW, you don't really need to do intense scouting, two words can describe the teams from MI going to the CMP : "Shock and Awe"
Yeah, I saw that. I have a list compiled of all regional winners, and I was like O_O.

The GDC needs to write the rules once and let the game be what the game is going to be. There's little that's fun about being told exactly how to play with your toys. - Madison

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: