OCCRA
Go to Post Leave FIRST? That's an option? =) - treffk [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy > Scouting
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
AKA: Mentor / Coach
FRC #1538 (The Holy Cows)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Jon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jon Jack
Introducing: CowScout

Team 1538 is very excited to be opening up our scouting software to the rest of the FIRST community!

Inspired by Kiet Chau’s iScout, we initially developed CowScout during the 2010 season for our own private use. Upon seeing the program's success, many people have requested that we make the software available to other teams. Starting later this summer we will be opening CowScout to any team who wishes to use it.

Here are some of CowScout’s features:

Online Scouting Database
CowScout runs off a remote web server so your scouting data is available from any device with internet access. In addition CowScout will save scouting data from past events.

Public and Private Scouting Data
Each team can manage their own data and decide what data they’d like to share with the world and which data they would like to keep private.

Data Analysis
CowScout provides up to date team reports, leader boards, charts, graphs and performance histories.

Event Archive
CowScout features an archive of match results, rankings, awards and OPR for events dating back to 2003. During a live event, CowScout automatically scrapes data from FIRST.

Become a Beta Tester!
Go here to sign up! We will be inviting a select few to help us beta test the new features we have added and have setup a landing page for your team to sign up. Leave us your email address and we'll contact you when space is available.
2013 World Championship - Chairman's Award, Newton Division #1 Seed (8-0-0) & Finalists w/ 1986 & 217
2013 Inland Empire Regional - Champions w/ 2485 & 968
2013 San Diego Regional - Chairman's Award

Last edited by Jon Jack : 07-19-2011 at 07:14 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Work it harder, make it better.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence
Re: Introducing: CowScout

It seems interesting! I like the graphs it shows. Also, does it rely on member input, or input from an external source, such as a moderator? Besides that, it's looking good! I can't wait until it comes out!

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-19-2011, 10:36 PM
AKA: Rene Haro
FRC #1538 (The Holy Cows)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2001
robodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud ofrobodude03 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to robodude03

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNerd256 View Post
It seems interesting! I like the graphs it shows. Also, does it rely on member input, or input from an external source, such as a moderator? Besides that, it's looking good! I can't wait until it comes out!
It doesn't solely rely on member input. CowScout has a built in scraper that pulls match data from FIRST. At the moment it calculates OPR data and I am sure other features will be added in the future.

2013 to Present - 1538 Mentor (Digital Media/Strategy)
2004 to 2012 - 399 Mentor/Coach
2000 to 2004 - 399 Driver
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:20 PM
"Mentor"
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2010
connor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNerd256 View Post
A mentor can create a team and scouts can create accounts and request to join the team. Once they're in a team they can start entering stats. The data sits in a "temporary" section of the database where a lead scout for the team can approve or delete it as well as make on-the-fly corrections.

Team 1538 (2011-2014)
2014 Driver (25W 17L 1T)
2012-2014 Manager of Software and Electrical
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Software/Design/Strategy Mentor
AKA: jeremypg399
FRC #5012 (GryffinGear) && FRC #399 (Eagle Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2007
Jeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant futureJeremy Germita has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy Germita

Really cool, guys!

Mentor FRC5012 GryffinGear / FRC399 Eagle Robotics / FTC72 GarageBots / FTC 5011 BotSquad / FTC7328 ICE / FTC 8973 Eagle Robotics -- 2013-Current
Student FRC399 / FTC72 -- 2009-2013
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM
AKA: Sam Alexander
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
sammyjalex has much to be proud ofsammyjalex has much to be proud ofsammyjalex has much to be proud ofsammyjalex has much to be proud ofsammyjalex has much to be proud ofsammyjalex has much to be proud ofsammyjalex has much to be proud ofsammyjalex has much to be proud of

Holy Cows,

This idea sounds really interesting. I love the courage that teams, namely you and the poofs, are displaying to make scouting a full-fledged part of how we collaborate in FRC. I'm really excited to see the early details in the beta.

This program reminds me of an idea that I considered implementing on my team in order to save resources, make scouting more accessible to those that like to or need encouragement to begin dialogue with students from other teams as well as more accessible to the collaborative goals of FIRST, and to begin to fight poor scouting.

Let me know if this has similar qualities:

The team would eliminate the common waste of paper through scouting by only using six laminated sheets and recording both specific objective notes and notes regarding its role with those teams with which it plays both offensively and defensively. After each match, perhaps there would be an extra set of sheets to allow time, this collected information, objective, subjective and relative, would be recorded onto a cloud template on only a single laptop that the team could choose to share with other teams easily following the shared dialogue of the two teams regarding scouting etc. That other team could then input their own information into this document. Ideally, this one document could contain information from almost all teams at the event, allow them to understand their role in the game from the perspective of others and, of course, develop meaningful social relationships between teams more widely than the teams' drive teams or that which is limited to a team social.

When I read about CowScout, this is what first came to my mind-a structural opportunity to share scouting information, a means to limit paper and expensive technology per team and a great way to improve networking, social opportunities for students and as a result the overall quality of scouting.

Best,
Sam
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:26 AM

Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute

YAY! Beta testing!

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-28-2011, 01:13 AM
"Mentor"
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

connor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond repute

CowScout is set to be released on January 2nd, 2012. Hope to see you all using it soon!

Team 1538 (2011-2014)
2014 Driver (25W 17L 1T)
2012-2014 Manager of Software and Electrical
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Dare to be FIRST
AKA: Ryan Hall
FRC #1676 (Pascack Pi-oneers)

Hallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Hallry

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor.worley View Post
CowScout is set to be released on January 2nd, 2012. Hope to see you all using it soon!
And it's now live at www.cowscout.com!

EDIT: And it seems to not be working anymore...

Won: 2010 New Jersey Regional, 2010 Virginia Regional (undefeated), 2011 New Jersey Regional, 2011 Virginia Regional, 2011 Brunswick Eruption, 2012 Rutgers MAR District, 2012 girlPOWER Invitational, 2012 Ramp Riot, 2013 Bridgewater-Raritan MAR District
10 Years of Pi-oneers Anniversary Video
10 Years of Pi-oneers T-Shirt

Last edited by Hallry : 01-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
AKA: Scooby
FRC #0125 (NUTRONs)

Rookie Year: 2009
Steven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Steven Donow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallry View Post
And it's now live at www.cowscout.com!

EDIT: And it seems to not be working anymore...
Still not working? Or is this already outdated. I was able to register and add my team fine, as well as see team lists pulled from events.

FRC 125 [2013-Present]NUTRONs - Mentor/College Student
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Steve
AKA: Steve
FRC #0578 (Red Raider Robotics)
Team Role: Scout

stundt1 will become famous soon enoughstundt1 will become famous soon enough

It would be nice to be able to play around with the actual scouting part of cowscout. It says this regional isnt available to scout.

Can we make it available?
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Dare to be FIRST
AKA: Ryan Hall
FRC #1676 (Pascack Pi-oneers)

Hallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond reputeHallry has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Hallry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend1994 View Post
Still not working? Or is this already outdated. I was able to register and add my team fine, as well as see team lists pulled from events.
As was I, but now it just goes back to the 'Coming Jan. 2' page

EDIT: It's working for me now here: http://team1538.com/cowscout_beta/index.php

EDIT 2: It's now working here: cowscout.com, the site above no longer works!

Won: 2010 New Jersey Regional, 2010 Virginia Regional (undefeated), 2011 New Jersey Regional, 2011 Virginia Regional, 2011 Brunswick Eruption, 2012 Rutgers MAR District, 2012 girlPOWER Invitational, 2012 Ramp Riot, 2013 Bridgewater-Raritan MAR District
10 Years of Pi-oneers Anniversary Video
10 Years of Pi-oneers T-Shirt

Last edited by Hallry : 01-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
AKA: Scooby
FRC #0125 (NUTRONs)

Steven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Steven Donow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallry View Post
As was I, but now it just goes back to the 'Coming Jan. 2' page

EDIT: It's working for me now here: http://team1538.com/cowscout_beta/index.php
Weird. What browser/OS are you running? That could be linked. I'm on XP and Chrome.

FRC 125 [2013-Present]NUTRONs - Mentor/College Student
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:59 AM

Great site! I saw it said "Match schedule" in the regional area, and got excited thinking your website could tell the future. Oh well. Great site anyways! Can't wait to use it!

Your move, CheesyScout!

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Needs a taller Driver's Station.
AKA: Dustin Benedict
no team (EWCP, Mid-Atlantic Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2005
thefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to thefro526 Send a message via MSN to thefro526

Hallry, I used the link you posted registered, etc and it's working fine for me.

Thus far, it seems that CowScout is what we'll be using this year, I set our team up in about 5 minutes while doing a bunch of other stuff - it's so intuitive.
2014 Season - Hatboro Horsham District Winners, MAR Championship Winners, Newton Division Finalists.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: