Go to Post Ive been chewing on my yellow food wristband every night since the team party on friday at UTC. Every day it tastes better and better...almost as good as the food. Anyone else think so? - Sscamatt [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Affirmative Action fit under the values of FIRST

As an African-American I myself have never faced discrimination to my face (years ago when I went to a store with my friend after I passed by the front desk one of the clerks said to the other pointing at me "Keep an eye on that $@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#." He almost went over the counter after the idiot) and I do think Affirmative Action is flawed but lets not kid ourselves here,there is hatred and discrimination still in this country and in this world and it needs to be dealt with. The staus quo is all fine and dandy when it favors one group of people every time all the time but to think that the "lower classes" are just going to get tired of being second class citizens and are going to suddenly lift themselves up by the bootstraps is inane.
So to those who say that Affirmative Action is a great evil does that mean you support the staus quo or do you have something better that will cure the ills that hundreds of years of wrongdoing have caused so many who have so little to fall behind?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: