Go to Post Maybe we'll see some awesome Game change like.... CARPET! - thefro526 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > OCCRA > OCCRA Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-15-2011, 04:20 PM
AKA: Ron Weber
FRC #3641 (The Flying Toastters)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2011
weberr is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy [OCCRA]: Spike Relay and Cortex

We are having problems wiring and programming a spike relay to work with the vex cortex.

How can we program the spike relay to be controlled by a set of buttons to control a keyang motor?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:57 PM
More Torque!
AKA: Andrew Palardy (Most people call me Palardy)
FRC #0033 (Killer Bees)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
apalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond reputeapalrd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [OCCRA]: Spike Relay and Cortex

Yes, that is possible.

I took a standard PWM cable, and used a scribe to pull out the red (center) wire from the Cortex end, and put it into another PWM cable shell. I plugged the two of them into a pair of digital ports.

Because I was running some automation on them, the driving state is a typedef enum (with states for hoodFORWARD,hoodREVRSE,and hoodOFF). You don't need to do this, and simply getting a joystick button and setting it to a digital output in code should work. Don't forget to open the IO configuration and set those digital channels as outputs.

While I don't have easyC in front of me (I would have to boot up my windows laptop do use it...), there is a function called joystick-to-digital or something like that which can be used to directly map a joystick button to a digital output. Placing that in your main loop will allow you to control your spike, you will need two buttons (one for each direction).

"Sometimes, the elegant implementation is a function. Not a method. Not a class. Not a framework. Just a function." ~ John Carmack

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: