OCCRA
Go to Post Please ask yourself..."If my robot is on fire and the pneumatics are randomly activating, is my main breaker someplace that I want to put MY hand?" - Jaxom [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:29 AM
FRC #2905

cilginbilgin is a jewel in the roughcilginbilgin is a jewel in the roughcilginbilgin is a jewel in the roughcilginbilgin is a jewel in the rough
Kinect Setup

I'm trying to load Mirosoft Kinect 1.0 Beta2 SDK Setup but at the end of installation it gives an error
Microsoft Kinect 1.0 Beta2 SDK Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified [What does that mean] To install this program at a later time run Setup Wizard again. Click the finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

What do I need to modify to install Mirosoft Kinect Beta setup?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM
Alumni and Mentor of 3130
AKA: Pierce Jensen
FRC #3130 (East Ridge Robotics Ominous Raptors (E.R.R.O.R.'s))
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
zaphodp.jensen is a jewel in the roughzaphodp.jensen is a jewel in the roughzaphodp.jensen is a jewel in the rough
Re: Kinect Setup

Well, you are going to need to be more specific. Is there an error message that goes along with that? Basically all that message is saying is: "I didn't change anything on your system because something went wrong."

Did you check your system requirements to make sure that you have all of the required components installed before installing the SDK?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:20 AM
no team

RufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodp.jensen View Post
Did you check your system requirements to make sure that you have all of the required components installed before installing the SDK?
Especially Visual C# Express 2010 or another Visual Studio 2010 product.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
FRC #0211 (MaK)

Rookie Year: 2010
ksanger is on a distinguished road

I had the same issue. No additional error information. Downloaded Visual Studio C++, Visual Studio .Net, Direct X SDK, and reinstalled Microsoft Frameworks 4.0. The 32 bit version would not run on a 64 bit Windows Home PC. Had to load the 64 bit version. Hopefully the other executables required will work with the 64 bit version of the Kinect SDK.

The event viewer for the failure of installing the 32 bit version contains gibberish. Did not find anything online for the event IDs 11708 and 16368.

Product: Microsoft Kinect 1.0 Beta2 SDK -- Installation failed.

Log Name: Application
Source: MsiInstaller
Date: 4/19/2012 3:14:04 PM
Event ID: 11708
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: xxxxxx\xxxxxx
Computer: xxxxxx
Description:
Product: Microsoft Kinect 1.0 Beta2 SDK -- Installation failed.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">11708</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-04-19T19:14:04.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>16368</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>xxxxxx</Computer>
<Security UserID="xxxxx" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Product: Microsoft Kinect 1.0 Beta2 SDK -- Installation failed.</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>7B44463432343134462D463646372D343435382D38 3536362D4344433036313545394139427D</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

I'm assuming that we are supposed to download the correct version for our OS even though the instructions were explicit in specifying the 32 bit version. Hopefully the other applications will run under 64 bit. I have no 32 bit processors running win7...

Last edited by ksanger : 04-19-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: added notification.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Itinerant Programmer
AKA: Hey dad...Father...MARK
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Mark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond reputeMark McLeod has a reputation beyond repute

I'm running it on 64-bit Win 7 Home Premium without trouble and I installed the 64-bit versions.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM
no team

RufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud ofRufflesRidge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanger View Post
I'm assuming that we are supposed to download the correct version for our OS even though the instructions were explicit in specifying the 32 bit version.
The Getting Started with the Control System document specifies the 32-bit version as it appears to be written with the Classmate in mind. The Getting Started with Kinect document tells you to select the appropriate version for your OS.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: