OCCRA
Go to Post Its great for us as mentors to see students teaching other students and a robot being built from scratch without us. Maybe someday they won't need us at all!!! - DR3381 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:25 AM
FRC #2640

stcywlkr is an unknown quantity at this point
crio not communicating with digital io module/sidecar

I cannot seem to get the crio to communicate with my digital io module, the blinking light on the sidecar representing the communication from digital i/o module is not blinking. Also, when I set a relay to forward or reverse, light for relay does not turn green or red. At a loss, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am able to control motors using jaquars and pwm but that is analog and going through a different card. Is there anything special that needs to happen to configure the digital io module/card. I have it in slot 2 of the crio.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Alumni and Mentor of 3130
AKA: Pierce Jensen
FRC #3130 (East Ridge Robotics Ominous Raptors (E.R.R.O.R.'s))
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
zaphodp.jensen is a jewel in the roughzaphodp.jensen is a jewel in the roughzaphodp.jensen is a jewel in the rough
Re: crio not communicating with digital io module/sidecar

Please search the forum before creating a new thread. There are now at least 20 of these threads that I have seen.

If you read the manual, you will find that all of the cables that shipped were defective. On the first KOP website, there is a link to fix the DB37 cables that shipped.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
FRC #2640

Sorry, I did search and had found the threads regarding the faulty ribbon cables...we are not using that cable...using the db37 cable from last year.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:03 PM
AKA: Ed Barker
FRC #1311 (Kell Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
ebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond repute

threads all over the place

2 problems.

DB37 cable

digital I/O goes in slot two, new arrangement for this year
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
FRC #2640

Right...I have the module in slot 2 and I am not using the faulty ribbon cable. Any other recommendations? This is pretty frustrating because I am not one of those guys who fails to read directions and I thought I had done my homework here. Had already identified changes this year regarding the new slot for digital I/O and the faulty ribbon cable. Applied all of the applicable updates, etc. Currently at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Several references to alot of other posts, are they in a different forum other than control system?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

How are you providing power to your Digital Sidecar? Are the BATT and +5v LEDs lit?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: