Go to Post An extra week of driving practice and shakedown outweighs a lot of ooo-shiny. - Billfred [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System > FRC Control System
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
FRC #3476

Teamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to behold
Driver's station account on alternative laptop

I am sure this has been asked before, but, I want to use a Lenovo y560 for our driver's station but I don't know how it will work in competition without any dedicated user account for the driver that automatically starts and fullscreens the DS. Do I need to manually write a batch file to act like it does on the to-go PC or what? The laptop can control the robot fine on the regular user account.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:49 AM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driver's station account on alternative laptop

In previous years, the DS wouldn't connect to the field unless you were logged in as Driver. This was an attempt to simplify the support situation for FTAs and others at the events.

It was decided to open this up a bit, so at this point you can use any account you like. The buttons in the middle of the Operate tab will update the window position a bit.

Personally, I think the kiosk mode where the File Explorer and other apps aren't running is still a pretty good idea, but it is no longer required. Your choice.

Greg McKaskle
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:53 AM
FRC #3476

Teamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to beholdTeamcodeorange is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Driver's station account on alternative laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McKaskle View Post
In previous years, the DS wouldn't connect to the field unless you were logged in as Driver. This was an attempt to simplify the support situation for FTAs and others at the events.

It was decided to open this up a bit, so at this point you can use any account you like. The buttons in the middle of the Operate tab will update the window position a bit.

Personally, I think the kiosk mode where the File Explorer and other apps aren't running is still a pretty good idea, but it is no longer required. Your choice.

Greg McKaskle

Thanks for the help! How would I go about making a dedicated user account that auto runs the ds?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
FRC #0354

Pirate programe is an unknown quantity at this point

Our team's using an alternate laptop as well, and we simply re-imaged it with the E09 Classmate image given to us by FIRST.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2012, 01:00 PM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute

I searched a few times and found this

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh....php?p=1103003

It isn't the original instructions, and I'm pretty sure there is something more official, but at least the basics are correct.

Greg McKaskle
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:45 PM
does what needs to be done.
FRC #2449 (Out of Orbit Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
daniel_dsouza has a spectacular aura aboutdaniel_dsouza has a spectacular aura about

This process worked flawlessly* on our lenovo X61 tablet PC that we used to replace our now completely dead classmate.

Thanks!

*Driver Station and dashboard no longer take up the whole screen, but I think that this minor caveat is hardly worth mentioning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: