OCCRA
Go to Post You really don't want to mess with an engineer. - ChrisH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #61   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Dare greatly
no team (Referees)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2007
Siri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Siri
Re: 2012 Mid-Atlantic Robotics - Hatboro-Horsham FIRST Robotics District Competition

What a great event! Many thanks to 341 and 1218 for selecting us as their second pick. We worked splendidly together. Also congratulations to 2016, 357 and 708 as finalists, and 2016 on their very well-deserved Quality Award. Amazing robots and one heck of a match up!

Specific thanks to 341's fantastic strategy and scouting team, specifically Jared the drive coach. I'd prepared our drivers for a different style of play in elims versus quals, but our work truly exemplifies the importance of such great scouting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend1994 View Post
Are turnaround times between matches at Districts REALLY that quick? 1640 were in the first match of the day (Match 51) and are already back up again (Match 54). Less than 20 minutes, I believe, between each match.
Matches were crazy tight--worse in quals than elims. You end up getting off the field, circling the venue (traffic patterns) and getting back on the field. We switch the battery while moving for that turnaround. Glad nothing had broken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnishi2011 View Post
Wait a minute, what happened in that 103-0 match? I just saw that score, were there a lot of fouls, a triple balance or what?
Blue red-carded for touching our bridge during the act of balancing (though 341 and 1218 stayed up--way to go, guys!) It didn't seem malicious, but this is the way G25 is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH Machinist View Post
They had 5 balls in and one of volunteers tried unclogging it with the net pole and another volunteer made her stop. Not sure why?
Having been next to them, it was pretty clear that it wasn't going to get unclogged anytime soon. There was definitely a lot of volunteer communication on the floor before the reset as well. They wanted to make sure they were making the correct call. (Personally, I do believe they did, and it's certainly easier to explain--especially to the crowd of non-FIRSTers.) And it was a fantastic auton!
  #62   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:03 PM
AKA: MR. Z
FRC #0708 (Hardwired Fusion)
Team Role: Mentor

ezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 Mid-Atlantic Robotics - Hatboro-Horsham FIRST Robotics District Competition

To all the teams hat came to the Hatboro-Horsham Mid-Atlantic Robotics District Competition:

Team 708 and the Hatboro-Horsham Community cannot convey in words how much we appreciate your attendance, competition, and understanding. Going into the first MAR District Event was a new experience for many of us. The MAR event board and committees should be commended for all of the ground work that has been laid prior to, and following this first event.

We would also like to thank teams for their understanding and support with the logisical issues that we experienced on Friday. We understand that the parking, food service, and lack of standings were problematic, but together we all worked through those problems, and came out of the event with a vast quantity of information about the layout and scheduling of a district event.

I would like to thank all of the volunteers, judges, and even staff for the patience and understanding. From working late hours with little sleep, to dealing with issues as they arose, without you this event would no have been possible.

Congrats to all the teams! Good luck as you continue with Rebound Rumble!
MAR Competition and Planning Committee
MAR Board of Directors
  #63   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:26 PM
AKA: Mike
FRC #1279 (Cold Fusion)

Rookie Year: 2004
coldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud ofcoldfusion1279 has much to be proud of

Actually, it was a conscious decision not to unclog the balls from the basket. One volunteer started poking at it daintily, and another volunteer told him to stop.

The reason, from what I observed, was probably so that the incorrect score did not get recorded. Can you imagine if 5 balls rolled through the goal right at the end of autonomous period? Which ones got the 3 point bonus and which didn't? Or maybe some fall out of the basket into the field, or maybe into the 2-point basket. Not only counting points would be difficult, but one alliance couldn't shoot on the basket, and there were few balls on the field.

Anyway, you get the point. Restarting without letting the match finish was the only fair thing to do.
  #64   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I feel better now.
AKA: Jared341
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Jared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all teams and volunteers for ensuring that the very first MAR competition far exceeded my expectations!

Thanks to 1218 and 1640 for being fantastic partners throughout eliminations.

1218, as usual, you have a beast of a robot. It was great to finally get to team up when it counts! Watching you guys win your first Chairman's Award was an extremely rewarding experience as well - but know that now that you know the sound of two medals clanging together, you'll never be able to settle for less ever again

1640 - I was extremely happy when I saw that you were still sitting there when our second pick came up. Your drive train (and drive team!) are top notch and you guys played the game plan to perfection.

Congrats to the finalists - 2016, 357, and 708 - on a great run and on that fantastic, net-busting auto mode! I am glad they halted that match so it could be replayed.
  #65   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:56 AM
AKA: Jeff Yeagle
FRC #2229 (ROBOSHOP)

mryeagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared341 View Post
Thanks to all teams and volunteers for ensuring that the very first MAR competition far exceeded my expectations!

agreed!

special thanks to the robot inspector that pointed out that the globe motor we were using was illegal this year, and special thanks to Eric Zygmont for helping us find a suitable replacement!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_u-f_SuDRS8E/SjhtxflFZNI/AAAAAAAAArA/wNWwcr2dOWI/s144/DSC00472.JPG
  #66   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst
FRC #4329 (Lutheran Roboteers)

Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared341 View Post
1640 - I was extremely happy when I saw that you were still sitting there when our second pick came up. Your drive train (and drive team!) are top notch and you guys played the game plan to perfection.
It wasn't obvious to me at the time during the heat of the matches, but after watching the match videos, 1640 did an amazing job of playing defense on the inbounder's return slot. It's a great strategy that I'm sure we'll see more of next week at Chestnut Hill.
Team 4329 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #67   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Director of Technology
FRC #1218 (Vulcan Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2003
Peter Randall will become famous soon enoughPeter Randall will become famous soon enough

What a spectacular kick off for MAR. Frank, Pete, Don, Eric..... Let's do it all again next weekend.

Team 341 and Alan were instrumental in getting Team 1218 off the ground 10 years ago and HH was the first time we have ever been partnered in an FRC event. What a wait and what a reward. Add Team 1640 to the mix with their innovative defense strategy and it was an unbeatable alliance. We couldn't be happier. What an experience. Thank you all so very much.

PGR
TEAM 1218
  #68   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Hawaiin Pizza = Best Pizza
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Dognaux View Post
It wasn't obvious to me at the time during the heat of the matches, but after watching the match videos, 1640 did an amazing job of playing defense on the inbounder's return slot. It's a great strategy that I'm sure we'll see more of next week at Chestnut Hill.
Where those match videos captured by 357? Or has video already been posted online somewhere?
  #69   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I feel better now.

Jared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond reputeJared Russell has a reputation beyond repute

Here is some video of Finals Match 2(b):

http://youtu.be/jldACuLN5i8?t=47m34s

I think the other Finals match (plus the false start) are in there too.
  #70   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst

Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute

Finals matches -

1) www.youtube.com/watch?v=jldACuLN5i8#t=37m30s
2) www.youtube.com/watch?v=jldACuLN5i8#t=43m00s (ball jam match)
3) www.youtube.com/watch?v=jldACuLN5i8#t=47m35s
  #71   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Drive Coach...
AKA: Kinsuk Shah
None #2016

Rookie Year: 2000
ks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud ofks_mumupsi has much to be proud of

I am really hoping there is a good video showing how the balls jammed, because I missed it live, was paying too much attention to the opponents scoring.

good matches.

In my last post I forgot to congratulate 1640 on the winning alliance, also 1218 congrats on the chairman's.

We will be looking forward to playing this group in Philly at the champs.
  #72   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Here we go
AKA: Jon Bryant
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
jb1403 is a glorious beacon of lightjb1403 is a glorious beacon of lightjb1403 is a glorious beacon of lightjb1403 is a glorious beacon of lightjb1403 is a glorious beacon of light

I know that I read somewhere that MAR events will not be participating in the net cutting activities. Can anyone who was at Horsham confirm this.
  #73   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I feel better now.

Yes, unfortunately MAR does not have enough nets to spare to allow net cutting at district events. Given the low cost of the nets, I had hoped that MAR would be able to purchase an extra ~20 to allow teams to do this.

EDIT: I have been notified that MAR district winners will be able to cut down nets at future MAR events

Last edited by Jared Russell : 03-06-2012 at 04:12 PM.
  #74   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
AKA: MR. Z
FRC #0708 (Hardwired Fusion)

ezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud ofezygmont708 has much to be proud of

There will be videos of the matches uploaded to the blue alliance, as soon as we can get through them. With one or two exceptions the entire event was recorded (tape lapses). As soon as we break through the videos they will be uploaded.

Thanks,

Eric
MAR Competition and Planning Committee
MAR Board of Directors
  #75   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:05 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst

We just captured the video tonight for the 5 ball jam autonomous that occurred last weekend. Check out how it happened here - http://youtu.be/m4Q0DMoOiVc
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: