OCCRA
Go to Post Where's my hammer? I need a bigger hammer. - JaneYoung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Always Scouting
AKA: James Comstock
FRC #0179 (The Children of The Swamp)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2006
MARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MARS_James
The Best Team(s) to never win a regional

Every year at all of the regionals 3 teams (4 if an alternate is used) win the regional my question to Chief Delphi is who do you feel are the best teams to never win a regional

Here are the rules:
You must compete with the team fairly regularly
They must have competed in 5 FRC seasons so as to have teams who have competed a lot
You can not vote for your own team or teams

My opinion from Florida is 1065 Moose formerly Tatsu and 744 Shark Attack

1065 while Tatsu always showed up ready to compete and a tough robot to deal with and upon their revival as Moose especially the last two games have had robots that always an be considered one of the best out there

744 is an enigma as before doing research for this list I thought for sure they must have won somewhere yet they haven't even when you take in their associations with 710 and 267 they never cinched the the regional win, despite powerhouse robots who consistently rank well in seeding

So my fellow FRC members who are your team(s) that you feel should have won a regional by now but haven't?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered User
AKA: John Bottenberg
FRC #3322 (Eagle Imperium)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2007
JABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond reputeJABot67 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Best Team(s) to never win a regional

1718 - They are too awesome not to have won a regional yet they haven't. They always build competitive machines. I believe they were second overall pick on Newton and made it to the finals in 2010. They often make finals or semifinals but can't seem to notch it up with a win. Even the team they mentored last year, 3539, with almost the same robot, won a district last year. I simply can't believe the Fighting Pi haven't won an event yet! They cooped in ALL of their qualification matches at West Michigan and got first seed!
Team 67 Programmer: 2007-2010 -- World Champs 2009 and 2010!
Team 3322 Programming Mentor: 2012-????
28 Robotics Medals and Counting!

Last edited by JABot67 : 04-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Are our seeding points over 9000?
FRC #0201 (FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
Alex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Alex Dinsmoor

I completely agree with 1718. Most people would be surprised that they have yet to win a competition.

I'm not sure if there is any team more deserving of a win asides from them.

'08, '09, '10
4 Years | 14 Competitions | 194 Matches | 119 Wins | 77 Losses | 2 Silver | 1 Gold
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute

Until 2 weeks ago I would have said "1501", but they took care of that.
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM
FRC #0025
Team Role: Coach

nuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond repute

00,03,06,07,08,10,12 NJ / MAR winner
11 VCU winner
06,10 Las Vegas winner
12 MAR Mt Olive
red is for team 348
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
EWCP
AKA: Shan (pronounced Shawn)
FRC #0612 (Chantilly Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2005
nahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond reputenahstobor has a reputation beyond repute

Each year the always build competitive machines. Except for 2008, they have reached the Semi-Finals for every even they have attended, including the championship event. This past year they reached the Finals of the Baltimore regional.

They put in the hours in scouting, and their vex program has constantly created better and better students for FRC. From what I've heard they had a very young team this year, I can't wait to see them get their first Blue Banner in 2013.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Currently teamless
no team

Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely agree with 1718.

Since you said to pick teams we have competed with though I'll keep it local and say 1403 and 1089. I trust that both teams will have regional (or district) event banners soon though.

Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT | ['11-'12]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929 | ['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT | ['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Coach Drew?!?!
AKA: Drew Disbury
FRC #1251 (TechTigers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
techtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond reputetechtiger1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to techtiger1

I am going to throw 801 Horsepower into the mix for this 2012 season. They are twin to 1592 who has won two regionals. 1251 is sorry to have let Horsepower down in South Florida.
Urban planning major aka I design cities

Last edited by techtiger1 : 04-04-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Thought James meant 2012 season only for this thread.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Always Scouting
AKA: James Comstock
FRC #0179 (The Children of The Swamp)
Team Role: Tactician

MARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond reputeMARS_James has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MARS_James

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtiger1 View Post
I am going to throw 801 Horsepower into the mix. They are twin to 1592 who has won two regionals. 1251 is sorry to have let Horsepower down in South Florida.
Horsepower won the 2005 Peachtree regional, true it wasn't Florida but it still is a regional win
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
AKA: Mike Doty
FRC #1592 (Bionic Tigers)

dodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond repute

Team 801 Horsepower also won the 2004 Florida Regional.

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Strategy, Scouting, and LabVIEW
AKA: Mr. Aaron Bailey
FRC #1986 (Team Titanium)
Team Role: Coach

Alpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha Beta has a reputation beyond repute

From the KC/St. Louis Area

1094 -- Semifinalists twice this year (2012), Semifinalist 2011, Quarterfinalist twice in 2010, Quarterfinalist twice in 2009, Semifnialist in 2008, Semifinalist in 2007...

1939 -- Regional Finalists in 2010 and 2011, Semifinalists twice in 2009, SemiFinalists and EI winner in 2008, Quarterfinalist this year (2012).
Dean's List Finalist 2014(Cameron Lerch), 2013(Jay Urban), 2012(Laura Spatz), 2011(Dominic Antonacci), 2010(Collin Robinett)
Woodie Flowers Finalist 2013 (Aaron Bailey)
Championships: Division Finalist (2013, 2010), Semifinalist (2014), Quaterfinalist (2012, 2011)
Other Official Awards: Gracious Professionalism (2013) Entrepreneurship (2013), Quality (2013), Engineering Excellence (Champs 2013, 2012), Website (2011), Industrial Design (Newton 2014, 2013, 2011), Innovation in Control (2014, Champs 2010, 2010, 2008, 2008), Imagery (2009), Regional Finalist (2008)
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Andrew Lynch
FRC #2587 (DiscoBots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
lynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lynca

I like the idea of this thread and how it singles out great teams that don't always get the recognition due.

From Texas,

Veteran Teams: 441 , 1296

Younger Teams (<5 years): 2936 , 2848

This is a MUCH better discussion than how many wins or chairman's does your team have !
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
AKA: Mike Doty
FRC #1592 (Bionic Tigers)

dodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond reputedodar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynca View Post
I like the idea of this thread and how it singles out great teams that don't always get the recognition due.

From Texas,

Veteran Teams: 441 , 1296

Younger Teams (<5 years): 2936 , 2848

This is a MUCH better discussion than how many wins or chairman's does your team have !
1296 won the 2008 Colorado Regional.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Code Associate
FRC #0597 (Wolverines)
Team Role: College Student

remulasce is a splendid one to beholdremulasce is a splendid one to beholdremulasce is a splendid one to beholdremulasce is a splendid one to beholdremulasce is a splendid one to beholdremulasce is a splendid one to beholdremulasce is a splendid one to behold

Seriously? 1718 hasn't one a regional? They were so good in 2010! I had thought that's how they made it to Champs.

Student 294: 2007-2011
Mentor 597: 2013-

2008 FTC World Champions
2010 FRC World Champions
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:33 PM
AKA: Dan Lavoie
FRC #0578 (Red Raider Robotics)

commodoredl has much to be proud ofcommodoredl has much to be proud ofcommodoredl has much to be proud ofcommodoredl has much to be proud ofcommodoredl has much to be proud ofcommodoredl has much to be proud ofcommodoredl has much to be proud ofcommodoredl has much to be proud of

Up in Western New York most of the teams have gotten a shot with a regional win at some point or another. Looking at TBA, I think the best team to not win a regional is team 378, the Circuit Stompers. They've been finalists twice, made the semifinals and quarterfinals many times, and apparently went to Einstein in 2003? Obviously the older records are incomplete, so they might have won a regional in 2003 or earlier. But they're always a contender at FLR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: