OCCRA
Go to Post I'm not worried about the amount of Segways at a regoinal, I'd rather see them out in the real world than at a robotics competition. - Joe Matt [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:01 AM
AKA: Simon Bohn
FRC #0639 (Code Red)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
Grim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond repute
Shooters: What have you learned?

I doubt that next year will be a shooter game, but I can guarantee that some years down the road, there will be another year where a shooter is the de facto method of scoring. I hope this thread will be useful to teams when that year does roll around!

So what less than (or more than) obvious facts have you learned about shooter design this year? What problems did you run into that you weren't expecting, and how did you fix them?

I'll start off: Make a single axle shooter if you want backspin. And if you make one with two axles, make an easy way to adjust the squish and make it easy to take apart. Because you'll be doing a lot of that.

-Buckeye Regional Champion 2013, 2014
-Newton Division Finalists 2012 thanks to 68 and 330

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: