OCCRA
Go to Post Based on EXTENSIVE analysis of this image, I have concluded that we will have to use wires on our robots. I am certain of it. - theCADguy [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#61   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Gavin Wood
FRC #1939 (The Kuh-nig-its)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2007
holygrail is just really niceholygrail is just really niceholygrail is just really niceholygrail is just really nice
Re: The Best Team(s) to never win a regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Beta View Post
From the KC/St. Louis Area

1094 -- Semifinalists twice this year (2012), Semifinalist 2011, Quarterfinalist twice in 2010, Quarterfinalist twice in 2009, Semifnialist in 2008, Semifinalist in 2007...

1939 -- Regional Finalists in 2010 and 2011, Semifinalists twice in 2009, SemiFinalists and EI winner in 2008, Quarterfinalist this year (2012).
Thanks Titanium! We really work hard to build a decent robot every year. Congrats on your win in KC this year. It was well deserved and a long time in the making.
  #62   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2012, 01:25 AM
AKA: Larry Bolan
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2008
ratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to ratdude747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
They broke their streak at the CAGE Match though. (oh, yeah, unofficial offseason event. I forgot.)

I'd add 1741 to the list. Not as the best robot to never win a regional - they've had their ups and downs - but, as the title says, Best Team. RCA winners, multiple K-PE winners, fantastic students and supporters.
Yeah, 461 has a "curse"... they end up as finalists a lot but have never won an official event (they almost made it Einstien in 2004). The other odd thing is half the time the reason for the downfall is something dumb (like BMR 2007).

Seconded on 1741... They are underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Flower View Post
1018 Produce decent quality robots, but they never seem to win.
within the Indiana teams I agree that 1018 is underrated. Having been on a team that had been allied with them twice (BMR 2009-2010), I was impressed.

Dean's List Semi-finalist 2010
1747 Harrison Boiler Robotics 2008-2010
2783 Engineers of Tomorrow 2011
How to wire CAN bus on a budget
  #63   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:10 AM
no team

thekingofsand is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm saying this from knowledge given to me by a team member I know pretty well, Team 1102 has never won a regional they've gotten chairmans and Inspiration before, but never won a regional in their 10 years of existence.
Which I find strange considering how well the did in the Newton division in 2007, then finalists in 2010 at Palmetto, and then this year at Palmetto the only team going undefeated for the first day, They've had solid robots but no blue banner still to this day.
  #64   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
FRC #1391 (Metal Moose)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2011
timchen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The Best Team(s) to never win a regional

I would like to see someone mention our team
  #65   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
All your auto points belong to us.
AKA: @doctorfogarty @UofSCFIRSTers @GarnetSq
FRC #4901 (4H Garnet Squadron Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
JohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JohnFogarty Send a message via Yahoo to JohnFogarty Send a message via Skype™ to JohnFogarty

Well how about that, we got mentioned twice. (:
Thank you,
It is true however the FRC team has gotten very close a few times to a blue banner, but never have we actually received one. This year especially was difficult for us to shake off the loss, we had one of the most solid machines we've ever built, since 2007, and 2008.
We hope to keep building on this experience and hopefully get the team a blue banner next year. It'll be my last year working with the team, (I'll be a mentor this time) and then it's off to USC Columbia, I hear there is a Gamecock FIRSTER's club I have to join.
(2013) 1772 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
(2014 - ???) 4901 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
http://www.garnetsquadron.com/
  #66   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
FRC #2849 (ursa major)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
bearbot is a jewel in the roughbearbot is a jewel in the roughbearbot is a jewel in the roughbearbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to bearbot

Any teams in Maryland that are good but havent won regional i been oout of FIRST few years
Battle O'BAltimore Champions 2010
http://thebluealliance.net/tbatv/tea...;s top=FF0000
  #67   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:04 PM
AKA: Harsharan "Harsh" Dhaliwal
FRC #2073 (Eagleforce)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2010
MrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud of

What about team 2085?
  #68   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Electrical Mentor for Team 701
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2007
Steven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to all

2085 is really good too, i think they got close to winning recently
  #69   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute

1388 has been close a couple of times, and even won a division, but never won a regional.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: