Re: Last Minute Changes
We had barely a hint of our current shooter on bag day. Since that time we have changed our firing mechanism, tried to put panels on the wheels and fill the space with foam--but only succeeded in splattering it all over the whole thing when it was turned on--then put stickers over the panels to hide the mess behind them, then took those same panels off and made some "other" changes to the wheels. We also took off the turret motor and chain--opting instead to bolt the shooter down on its lazy susan--moved both motors to the same belt and changed the gear ratio. In addition, we changed the compression factor on the ball and its points of contact within the shooter track, and the release point (anchoring it where it had been already).Finally, we got an encoder and PID loop working, entered preset speeds onto the controller, got vision tracking to work for auto-aiming (albeit for only one attempt before it went haywire--possibly for good) and a distance readout (though it is still in question whether or not we will use it due to the lag it causes on the camera).