OCCRA
Go to Post Once you go to your first (FIRST) competition... thats when you fall in love with it. - Jaine Perotti [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: What will the winning Allaince Einstein consist of?
Two wide one long 58 48.33%
Three wide 28 23.33%
Two long one wide 29 24.17%
Three long (aka we dont need to tripple to win) 5 4.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:09 PM
AKA: Zac
FRC #1592 (Bionic tigers and 801 Horse power)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2007
sportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sportzkrazzy Send a message via Skype™ to sportzkrazzy
Two wides vs Two longs

On Einstein will we see an alliance of two long robots and do you think they will be able to make up the point difference that the amount time spent on the triple will cause?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:15 PM
AKA: Joe Barry
FRC #0987 (HIGH ROLLERS)

Rookie Year: 2002
JB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Two wides vs Two longs

2 well driven longs with off center weight and a wide can triple faster than you think...
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:18 PM
AKA: Sean
FRC #2415 (Wired Cats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
sdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond reputesdcantrell56 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to sdcantrell56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB987 View Post
2 well driven longs with off center weight and a wide can triple faster than you think...
Agree 100%. A long with 1/3 of the robot hung off is less than many wide robots. Throw on a stinger and some mechanical brakes and its easy peasy.

2012 Peachtree Regional Champs
2011 North Carolina Regional Champs
2011 Peachtree Regional Champs
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Work it harder, make it better.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence

1717 can be both long and wide with their swerve drive. I think it's going to be them, 469 (wide), and most likely another wide robot to easily triple, but they could very well do a long robot.

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:22 PM

sportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to beholdsportzkrazzy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sportzkrazzy Send a message via Skype™ to sportzkrazzy

Quote:
Wouldn't know haven't seen it. Where did it happen? Not saying It did just curious where. Triples weren't that big in the south east =)
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM
AKA: Aaron
FRC #1768 (Robo Chiefs)

Rookie Year: 2004
rocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to beholdrocknthehawk is a splendid one to behold

We tripled on the practice field with a long/mecanum/long. The first long bot turned sideways, as did the mecanum, and the third long bot pushed both sideways. Buzz Team 175 has a heavy end and a brake, giving them ability to push us both sideways and hang off the edge. With more practice, or a wide base in the middle, it could be faster (30 seconds)

http://youtu.be/_-BasVh4beo

Last edited by rocknthehawk : 04-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:28 PM
AKA: Simon Bohn
FRC #0639 (Code Red)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
Grim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Tuesday has a reputation beyond repute

Two very high power alliance have a high chance of being on Einstein with 2 wide 1 long: 341/987 and 469/1717. We'll see how it plays out.

-Buckeye Regional Champion 2013, 2014
-Newton Division Finalists 2012 thanks to 68 and 330
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:29 PM
FRC #0987 (HIGH ROLLERS)

JB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond repute

Post 52 and 57 for 2 of many examples...

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...=105775&page=4
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Post 52 and 57 for 2 of many examples...

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...=105775&page=4
Thats insane/awesome. 4 seconds?
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Here comes StuyPulse
AKA: Joe Blay
FRC #0694 (StuyPulse)

Rookie Year: 2006
jblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond reputejblay has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think that there is going to be an alliance that triples consistently on Einstein with 2 long robots that stay in the long orientation. Everyone is going to pass over on long bots for wide ones and a good long robot with a stinger is going to fall to an alliance that will take a chance on having two long robots and realize that they can balance just as easily.

I am pretty biased in this statement however because I'm hoping 694's robot ends up on an alliance like this as that team that people sleep on because they are long.
2011 CMP 5th Alliance Captains & Quarter Finalists 2011 Connecticut Chairman's
2010 Connecticut Chairman's
2010 NYC Champions
2008 NYC Engineering Inspiration
2007 NYC Finalists
2006 NYC Finalists
2005 NYC Chairman's
2003 NYC Champions
2002 NYC Engineering Inspiration
2001 NYC Finalists
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Build Lead
FRC #2733 (The Pigmice)
Team Role: Engineer

Garrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to behold

I see two wide based (for ease of the tripple) and one long base (to play fender defense on the other alliance). Watch the final rounds of Spokane, I predict that we will see a lot of games played similarly to that, minus the fact that they couldn't triple.

Optimists think the glass is half full.
Pessimists think the glass is half empty.
Engineers realize it's twice as big as it needs to be.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:51 PM
#8 Alliance For Life
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzkrazzy View Post
Wouldn't know haven't seen it. Where did it happen? Not saying It did just curious where. Triples weren't that big in the south east =)
Michigan State Championship
San Diego
New York City
Boilermaker
GTR-East
Possibly elsewhere.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Pockets
AKA: Samuel Lijin
FRC #0694 (StuyPulse)

slijin is a splendid one to beholdslijin is a splendid one to beholdslijin is a splendid one to beholdslijin is a splendid one to beholdslijin is a splendid one to beholdslijin is a splendid one to beholdslijin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Lavery View Post
Michigan State Championship
San Diego
New York City
Boilermaker
GTR-East
Possibly elsewhere.
Add CT to that list. Three eliminations alliances pulled off triples, each of which had a long bot.

2010-12 CT Chairman's
2011 Galileo 5th seed
2010 NY Regional Winners
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slijin View Post
Add CT to that list. Three eliminations alliances pulled off triples, each of which had a long bot.
None of them had TWO long bots though.
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:09 PM
FRC #0987 (HIGH ROLLERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slijin View Post
True.

Has there been a triple in-game with 2 longs and all 3 robots on the surface of the bridge? (sorry 1501!)
See link in post 8 above...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: