OCCRA
Go to Post If it gets people talking about not only robots but science and technology, it's all good. - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical > CAN
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:20 AM
AKA: Dirk
FRC #3562 (LiveWire)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
legogeek24 has a spectacular aura aboutlegogeek24 has a spectacular aura aboutlegogeek24 has a spectacular aura about
URGENT: CAN Jag error code 1 - dequeue element in acquire semaphore

Hey all,

I am trying to inalize code for championships. My team leaves later today (Monday), and our shooter, which was working earlier, now will not. I am running CAN on it, speed control with an encoder.

I know the electronics are right, as it will run properly in a different project. But in my LabVIEW project containing our actual drive code, I get this:
"error code 1:
Dequeue element in acquire semaphore.vi:1->WPI_CAJaguar_SetTransaction.vi:28->WPI_MotorControlSetOutput.vi:9->Periodic Tasks.vi->Robot Main."

I would post my code, but I'm typing this post from my phone as our build site has no Internet access.

What I can tell you is that the jag runs perfectly fine with what I believe to be identical code in a different project. It is the only jag in the circuit, firmware 101, off the can bus, we are not using 2CAN.

It is output to in periodic tasks, on a 20ms delay. I can't figure out what the problem could be, and I only have a vague idea of what the error actually is. I understand the concept of a semaphore, but I don't know where I should or shouldn't be setting one.

Any help would be much appreciated, I only have today to get this working before we leave for St. Louis.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
FRC #0303

mjcoss is a jewel in the roughmjcoss is a jewel in the roughmjcoss is a jewel in the roughmjcoss is a jewel in the rough
Re: URGENT: CAN Jag error code 1 - dequeue element in acquire semaphore

Quote:
Originally Posted by legogeek24 View Post
Hey all,
I get this:
"error code 1:
Dequeue element in acquire semaphore.vi:1->WPI_CAJaguar_SetTransaction.vi:28->WPI_MotorControlSetOutput.vi:9->Periodic Tasks.vi->Robot Main."
Note: Labview isn't my forte but ...
The error message to me implies that your code is accessing something that wasn't properly initialized, probably the CANJaguar controller. I'll take a quick look at the WPI_CANJaguar_SetTransaction vi and see if I can get a sense of what could have gone wrong. The CAN bus uses messages to update the Jaguars. The message are queued and dequeued and I suspect a semaphore is used to protect access to the queue.

Took a quick look at the vi, and it was as I suspected, it tries to acquire the semaphore, and then sends the command. The semaphore is part of the CANJaguar reference that is passed in. I would suspect that the CANJaguar reference is bad in some way. Without seeing the project that fails, I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Last edited by mjcoss : 04-23-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Updated

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: