I just wanted to shamelessly point out our robot once again and give a bit of information about things that aren't apparent by looking at statistics or watching a webcast. We are competing in the Newton division and excited about playing more with folks we've already competed with this year.
- Even though we look 'long', we take up the same amount of space as a 'wide' robot on the bridge.
- We have pneumatic brakes that prevent us from rolling around on a swinging bridge
- We've reduced the time between shots to about 2 seconds
- We made changes before Seattle to minimize air consumption that allowed us to score far more than we did in Texas.
- Lowering bridges is easy. Lowering bridges with balls under them is also pretty easy.
- 1st seed at Alamo regional (lost to triple balance by only 4 pts. )
- 2nd seed at Seattle Olympic regional (lost to triple balance by only 1 pt. ((( )
- Adding sight to catapult to make aiming before autonomous mode more reliable
- Adding capability to offset robot to left or right edge of key for flexibility in autonomous mode
- Adding variable delay to auto shot timing that doesn't require a code change
There are some old videos of us on our YouTube Channel -- www.youtube.com/teamxbot
The team is excited and looking forward to playing with a bunch of spectacular teams.