OCCRA
Go to Post umm i don't have a life. so no, i really doubt i'll go to the movies anytime soon. wait, does...april count as soon? - nehalita [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy > Scouting
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2012, 04:52 PM
FRC #3504

techsaavy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Scouting app

FIRST Team 3504, Girls of Steel, used an app for scouting this year. We officially made it public. It is on Google play now. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmu.scout&feature=search_result#?t= W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5jbXUuc2NvdXQiXQ... It is quite simple to use. It is only compatible with Android tablets. The "team-scout" portion can be used on phones too but not the rest of it. "Team-scout" is for pre-match scouting. "Match-scout" is for during the actual matches. Display has all of the data organized, however, "Export data" allows you to compile all the data into an excel sheet. Feel free to download it! Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM
No capes
AKA: Olivia Gifford
FRC #1094 (The Channel Cats)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2011
OliviaG is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to OliviaG
Thumbs up Re: Scouting app

Our team 1094 has a similar scouting program, except the difference is ours can only be used with a computer. But this seems like it would be easy to use
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2012, 01:05 PM
FRC #2352 (Metal Mayhem)
Team Role: Mentor

Clayton E is a glorious beacon of lightClayton E is a glorious beacon of lightClayton E is a glorious beacon of lightClayton E is a glorious beacon of lightClayton E is a glorious beacon of lightClayton E is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Scouting app

Looks good, I'll have to try it out. What environment did you use to create it?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Steve
AKA: Steve
FRC #0578 (Red Raider Robotics)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2009
stundt1 will become famous soon enoughstundt1 will become famous soon enough

This is by far the best scouting app I have ever used the interface is outstanding and easy to use. It works flawlessly on my tablet I think I might use this at a off season event since its so great.

I will post something on our twitter account to help you out .
Add Team 578 on

Last edited by stundt1 : 05-23-2012 at 08:45 PM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:35 PM
No capes
AKA: Olivia Gifford
FRC #1094 (The Channel Cats)
Team Role: Driver

OliviaG is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to OliviaG

Sounds like its a really good scouting program, I will definitively tell our Team about it. thanks!
"Not everyone has the chance to do great things - to learn how to build a robot while working alongside some of the greatest mentors you will ever meet, to become one with your team, and learn to be a gracious professional while competing with exceptional teams. It's not every day you meet people who want to change the world. Being inspired, learning, creating, thinking, and doing things to shape the future. THIS IS FIRST." -Me
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM
FRC Data Nerd
AKA: Anthony Jennings
FRC #1058 (PVC Pirates)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2009
PVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud ofPVCpirate has much to be proud of

Incredible scouting app! This would have been a great help to me as head scout for my team this season, especially with our limited number of students. I like the clean interface
option to export the data which I believe can be easily put into excel, and the fact that I don't have wait for a team list to be updated before I can scout. The only thing I would add is a way to create a pick list within the app. Also, the ability to import that exported data would make compiling the data on one device much easier. I'm sure my team will use this next year.
An incredible four years I will never forget
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: