OCCRA
Go to Post When we learn physics, we almost always "ignore friction". The real world never does... - Mike Betts [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Awards > Chairman's Award
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:53 PM
FRC #0201 (FEDS 201)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2010
ChristopherSD has much to be proud ofChristopherSD has much to be proud ofChristopherSD has much to be proud ofChristopherSD has much to be proud ofChristopherSD has much to be proud ofChristopherSD has much to be proud ofChristopherSD has much to be proud ofChristopherSD has much to be proud of
Re: FIRST Team 1114: 2012 Chairman's Video

My favorite part was the listing of how many other FIRST teams 1114's helped. Definitely illustrates commitment in a fantastic manner.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Kims Robot's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Onto a New Chapter...
AKA: Kim O'Toole Eckhardt
no team

Rookie Year: 1996
Kims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kims Robot

Amazing video from an awesome team I think my favorite part about FIRST adding the video criteria is that we finally get to see what impressive programs/ideas many of the great RCA teams have put together. I've always liked 1114's Big Simbot/Litttle Simbot program, but this really makes me love the program Every team should take a look to see if there is something similar they can implement, as its one thing for students to be able to work alongside mentors, its a whole different level when there is an individual mentor looking out for you, and is your friend.

1114 - congrats on an impressive 10th season

Edit: Something a comment made me realize... many teams will look at this and say they don't have the mentor resources to implement this, but another idea would be to have your limited mentors be "bigs" to a set of leadership students, and then have the leadership students be "bigs" to the rest of your students. Its certainly not exactly the same learning, but may have the added benefit of really growing the student leaders, if you have a limited set of mentors.
History - Team 176, Team 229, Team 1511, FIRST Volunteer!!
My new FIRST Photography Hobby & Angry Eric's Fan Page
Excellence - is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.

Last edited by Kims Robot : 04-20-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: New idea!
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Racer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond repute

I know who I'm rooting for to win the 2012 CCA. Bring it home for Canada and the 4-digit teams 1114!

Recognition on that stage can only serve to make the Simbotics Effect stronger.
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Coach / Teacher
FRC #0701 (Robovikes)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
Doug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond reputeDoug G has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible video!
incredible students!
incredible mentors!
incredible robots!
incredible team!
Simbots are INCREDIBLE!!

Is it just me or does it seem like regional CA winners each year just get more and more amazing. I would hate to be the CCA judges, they have a really difficult job ahead of them. While I am rooting for 1114 this year, I almost feel there really needs to be 3 CCA given away each year. Think about it... there are more and more regionals each year and thus more CA winners, why not let there be more CCA's given out. The achievements of some of these CA winners are amazing, and they may have to chase the CCA for 3-5 years.
2013 Colorado Creativity Award Winner
2013 Sacramento Regional Winner (thanks to 2489 and 3189)
2013 Sacramento Engineering Inspiration Winner
2013 Central Valley Quality Award Winner

#20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:17 PM
AKA: Robert Cory Molloy
FRC #0973 (Greybots)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
rcmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond reputercmolloy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug G View Post
While I am rooting for 1114 this year, I almost feel there really needs to be 3 CCA given away each year. Think about it... there are more and more regionals each year and thus more CA winners, why not let there be more CCA's given out. The achievements of some of these CA winners are amazing, and they may have to chase the CCA for 3-5 years.
The thing about awarding more than one is the overall Chairman's aspect seems to become watered down to a certain amount of work that needs to be done to obtain the honor. I have to disagree with your statement only because there is always a team, like 1114, that will truly go above and beyond the "standard" for a Chairmans Award winner.
"While I was a student in FIRST, it was all about becoming inspired. Now as a mentor/engineering student, it's all about making sure learn everything I can so I can carry that on inspiration for future generations while having a hell of a lot of fun!"
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Karthik's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
VEX Robotics GDC Chairman
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone who has commented on our video. The amount of time that went into this production was immense. Our students essentially locked themselves in a "cave" and were putting in 14 hour days towards the end while working on this video. It was an entire team effort, and we're just as proud of it as we are of Simbot Jordan.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
Full disclosure: I work for IFI and VEX Robotics, and am the Chairman of the VEX Robotics and VEX IQ Game Design Committees
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Rob Small
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2008
Robert103 is a splendid one to beholdRobert103 is a splendid one to beholdRobert103 is a splendid one to beholdRobert103 is a splendid one to beholdRobert103 is a splendid one to beholdRobert103 is a splendid one to beholdRobert103 is a splendid one to beholdRobert103 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Robert103

This video was incredible! Best of luck from team 103!
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

My first FIRST experience, 2005 IRI, I was approached by Karthik - he said they were starting a new event in Toronto the next year, and he would be honored if our team would consider participating.
At the time, I didn't know this guy from Adam; I also didn't know with which team he was associated.

This video, to me, perfectly captures the delicate balance of on- and off-field impact with the humility of the team and its members. 2012 is all about balance; 1114 reflects that.

#24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Chelsea Brimstin
AKA: Chelsea Brimstin
FRC #1547 (Where's Waldo?)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2010
whattsheorder is a splendid one to beholdwhattsheorder is a splendid one to beholdwhattsheorder is a splendid one to beholdwhattsheorder is a splendid one to beholdwhattsheorder is a splendid one to beholdwhattsheorder is a splendid one to beholdwhattsheorder is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to whattsheorder

Once again...best chairman's video I've ever seen. CONGRATS SIMBOTICS. #ballsohard #cutthenet
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
AKA: Katy Lindsey
FRC #2936 (Gatorzillas)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2009
Kit-kat2936 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was such an amazing video! I wish I could know the video editing software, if I can.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: