OCCRA
Go to Post Put on shows. Start new teams, FRC, FVC, or FLL. It doesn't matter. But I know that being on the robotics team has given me some of the best memories of my life, and I wouldn't want anybody else to miss out on that. - irishninja [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Turret hater
AKA: Ryan
FRC #0435 (Robodogs)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
Dumper FTW 435 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Dumper FTW 435
435 - Missing Ponies (I'm not even Joking) Please Help

Team 435 likes to decorate our pit. While our robot was gone, we put our My Little Pony figurines around our pit. We had quite a bit of fun with people stopping by and talking about ponies. During Lunch (or dinner, or a match can't remember when), The ponies were taken. Because of their placement, I'm guessing/hoping that team's thought they were handouts, like our buttons, bracelets, and balls. We would really like them back. We submitted a lost and found report to the pit admin, but they won't announce it. I don't know whether that's the rules or if they don't believe us and want to stop prank announcements.

We would really appreciate everyone's help. If you took one, or if you see someone with one, please help us get them back. Several of our members are upset (as the ponies were their personal possessions they had paid for), and we don't have access to a printer, else we would print fliers. (Pony 2012? )

Several members are also angry, as they saw this as a deliberate theft. I have a high opinion of all FIRST members, and I extremely doubt that they would steal something. I'm trying to calm these members down, but I'm afraid that this is tainting the fun experience that Championship is supposed to be.

Contacting us:
Our pit is located in the Newton Division, or if you find a pony, you could also take it to pit admin and they should be able to get it to us.

p.s.
As I mentioned in the title. This is not a joke. You can ask several other teams that have visited, many have asked about or joked about the ponies.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2010
TheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant futureTheMadCADer has a brilliant future
Re: 435 - Missing Ponies (I'm not even Joking) Please Help

Perhaps someone could post a few of these around the pits...

It's not a lot of information right now, because I don't really know what to put on there. Maybe something like "Please spread awareness".

Hope they come back!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:28 AM
FRC #0840 (ART)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
bduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a bunch of ponies at the... main pit entrance, I think? I doubt those would be yours, but you never know...

*generic TBA signature*
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Keyreaper
AKA: Cyrus Duong
FRC #1710 (Revolution Ravonics)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2011
Keyreaper is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Keyreaper

I'm sorry that your ponies are missing. Do you have any idea if any witnesses might have seen who might have taken them, perhaps the teams or people around your pit might know or help establish some some credibility in order to try convince that your story isn't 'made-up' and hopefully they'll actually announce it. Just my thoughts... Maybe include the names of which ones you are missing if you know them?

CTO/Head Programmer of Team 1710

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Technokat's Kodekat
FRC #0045 (Technokats)

Clayton Yocom will become famous soon enoughClayton Yocom will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Clayton Yocom Send a message via MSN to Clayton Yocom Send a message via Yahoo to Clayton Yocom Send a message via Skype™ to Clayton Yocom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bduddy View Post
I saw a bunch of ponies at the... main pit entrance, I think? I doubt those would be yours, but you never know...
Those were that vounteer's personal collection.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Turret hater
FRC #0435 (Robodogs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyreaper View Post
I'm sorry that your ponies are missing. Do you have any idea if any witnesses might have seen who might have taken them, perhaps the teams or people around your pit might know or help establish some some credibility in order to try convince that your story isn't 'made-up' and hopefully they'll actually announce it. Just my thoughts... Maybe include the names of which ones you are missing if you know them?
Unfortunately, I'm not a brony, so i don't really know their names. I do know that many were from mcdonalds so the ponies should resemble the same kind they give out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Yocom View Post
Those were that vounteer's personal collection.
You're right. That volunteer actually came and joked with us before we lost our ponies, when he found out we brought a collection. He's a cool guy. Maybe if we talk to him, he could convince pit admin to make an announcement? I've heard them make several announcements for stolen/lost items over the past couple days, so the fact that they are refusing to do so for us, probably means that they either think we're joking, or they don't think it's important.

I would like to thank the few people that came to our pits trying to help. Although we haven't gotten any back, it's good to see teams trying to help.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:46 AM
Director of Programming
AKA: Souvixada S.
FRC #1671 (Buchanan Bird Brains)

Rookie Year: 2005
rainbowdash is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh crap!
Taking ponies to a Robotics competition isn't the smartest thing to do... if you could find a dense herd of bronies anywhere in the world, it would be at an FRC tournament :/
Anyways... Decoration WIN.

I will try to ask my team if they have seen any ponies... the vast majority of us are bronies
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Technokat's Kodekat
FRC #0045 (Technokats)

Clayton Yocom will become famous soon enoughClayton Yocom will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Clayton Yocom Send a message via MSN to Clayton Yocom Send a message via Yahoo to Clayton Yocom Send a message via Skype™ to Clayton Yocom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumper FTW 435 View Post
You're right. That volunteer actually came and joked with us before we lost our ponies, when he found out we brought a collection. He's a cool guy. Maybe if we talk to him, he could convince pit admin to make an announcement? I've heard them make several announcements for stolen/lost items over the past couple days, so the fact that they are refusing to do so for us, probably means that they either think we're joking, or they don't think it's important.
He is one of our alumni. I'll speak to him and perhaps pit admin and see what I can do. It'd be a shame if pit admin just decides not to help out because they think its a joke. FIRST is not like that at all, and even though I'm sure you know that, this kind of thing does not help display our message in any way whatsoever.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Technokat's Kodekat
FRC #0045 (Technokats)

So I went up with a volunteer and one of the members from 435 to pit admin to make sure they understood it was real and they told us that it being a real issue wasn't the issue, it was that "they didn't make personal requests over the PA."
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
That dude in the Golden Hat
AKA: Walter Deitzler
FRC #3397 (Robolions)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2010
LedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever find them?

(Hanging out with my buddies at 610)
Robotics, it's not just a club, it's a career.
FLL Referee (2012-Present)

2014 Gateway Robotics Challenge winners (With 2481 and 1985)
2011 St. Louis Regional Winners (With 1985 and 3284)
2010 Highest Rookie Seed
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM
"Team Mom" @khayes1489
AKA: Kirstie Hayes
FRC #2471 (Team Mean Machine)

Rookie Year: 2008
QueenBot is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you find your Ponies for your Bronies soon! I'm hoping [and thinking] that people thought they were give aways, too. <3

Our team is missing a few electronics that probably were packed into our crate but our explanation for it is:

2012:
Newton Division Semi-Finalists thanks to 1717 & 469
Autodesk Oregon Regional
GM Industrial Design winners
Seattle Cascade Regional
Delphi Engineering Excellence, Champions thanks to 2046 & 492

--
2011 Seattle Cascade Regional Champions
thanks to 1510 & 2660
&
2011 Autodesk Oregon Regional Champions
thanks to 360 & 3711

"It's not about kids building robots... it's about robots building kids." -Bud Hayes
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Dream FIRST
AKA: Giselle
FRC #0178 (2nd Law Enforcers)
Team Role: Leadership

suzumebachi is on a distinguished road

Yeah...I hope you found them

This is Fluttershy from 178, by the way
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Turret hater
FRC #0435 (Robodogs)

We never found them .
Thanks for all the help anyway guys. Hopefully, whoever has them is enjoying them.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM
FRC #0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)

CastleBravo is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately our team had a similar problem at our last regional. A few people (we don't know who they were, but they weren't associated with FIRST) stole several of our blue and orange wigs and keyed a car, among other mischief, while wearing them. Next time, we're just going to have to be very careful with things like this so they don't fall into the wrong hands.

It's unfortunate that people would do this kind of thing, and I hope they simply mistakenly thought they were handouts. I couldn't imagine anyone in FIRST would intentionally do this, and then not return them after (very likely) seeing this thread.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:45 PM
FRC #0192 (GRT)
Team Role: College Student

Gray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
Unfortunately our team had a similar problem at our last regional. A few people (we don't know who they were, but they weren't associated with FIRST) stole several of our blue and orange wigs and keyed a car, among other mischief, while wearing them. Next time, we're just going to have to be very careful with things like this so they don't fall into the wrong hands.

It's unfortunate that people would do this kind of thing, and I hope they simply mistakenly thought they were handouts. I couldn't imagine anyone in FIRST would intentionally do this, and then not return them after (very likely) seeing this thread.
+1 to the stuff-being-stolen-out-of-the-pit club. If it's not bolted, chained, or epoxied to something, I no longer trust leaving it in the pit.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: