Go to Post You know you're overdosed on FIRST when you see the thread titled "team 228 can and bottle drive" and think "what kind of crazy drivetrain is that?" - Joe G. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM
FF: Automated Scoring
FRC #1529
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
bam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond reputebam-bam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Web Hug

Asked a question in the unofficial Web Hug thread

(*Thanks Jane)
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

All,

I've received a response to an e-mail that I sent a few days back. This is this gist of the response:

Quote:
Thank you for your email. The only public place designated at the Championship event is the food service area on the atrium level at the convention center.

Another suggestion would be to meet at the ballpark prior to the ballgame on Friday evening, as FIRST attendees will be seated together.
This is just a follow-up for some research I was doing on my own to see if we could find a space for us to meet for a few minutes.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the FRC Team Support staff who are way busy this week and who, I feel, went out of their way to help us out with some suggestions. Thanks, FRC Team Support!

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Impossible to rain on my parade.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2003
Barry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Barry Bonzack Send a message via Skype™ to Barry Bonzack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
All,

I've received a response to an e-mail that I sent a few days back. This is this gist of the response:

This is just a follow-up for some research I was doing on my own to see if we could find a space for us to meet for a few minutes.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the FRC Team Support staff who are way busy this week and who, I feel, went out of their way to help us out with some suggestions. Thanks, FRC Team Support!

Jane
So what is the final decision on where were are meeting, and is the plan still 6:00-6:45?

If there is no decision yet, My final schedule will form to whatever Jane says in her next post.

Jan 12, Emceeing at FTC at University High School
Jan 26, Emceeing FTC Pinellas League Championship Seminole High School in Tampa
Feb 2, Emceeing FTC Tesla League Championship at Cocoa Beach High School
Mar 2, Emceeing FTC State Championship at Embry Riddle Aeronautics University in Daytona
Mar 3, Volunteering for FLL State Championship at UCF in Orlando
Mar 7-9, Announcing FRC Orlando regional
Mar 29-30 Announcing FRC South Florida Regional
Apr 24-27 FTC World Championship in St. Louis
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Bonzack View Post
So what is the final decision on where were are meeting, and is the plan still 6:00-6:45?

If there is no decision yet, My final schedule will form to whatever Jane says in her next post.
I just got in from where ever it is I've been. Let's see...

I think that 6:00 - 6:30-ish p.m. on Thursday in the "only public place designated at the Championship event is the food service area on the atrium level at the convention center."

For those who attended last year and remember the area, is there room for us to manage without getting in the way of others? There would be no giveaways or speeches planned, unless that changes between now and then. We could mingle for a bit and maybe get a group photo for our 2012 non-planned unofficial Chief Delphi Web Hug. (That oughta be chaos, er, easy.)

Also, are there events now planned that I'm overlooking? Speak up, please. Don't hold back.

That's my suggestion now, taking into consideration any posts following this one that may object and have a valid reason. Any changes made - please post in this thread.

I also like Don's suggestion and Joe's suggestion in this thread. Please read them, I'm too tired to link. And remember, the Web Hug is no excuse to be late to a prior commitment, such as a Qualifying Match. Seriously.

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 04-24-2012 at 08:12 PM.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Impossible to rain on my parade.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2003
Barry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Barry Bonzack Send a message via Skype™ to Barry Bonzack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
I just got in from where ever it is I've been. Let's see...

I think that 6:00 - 6:30-ish p.m. on Thursday in the "only public place designated at the Championship event is the food service area on the atrium level at the convention center."

Jane
I think its is a great idea. There is lots of room there and we won't be in the way. I'm not sure why its called the food service area, there are no venders there.

I am posting a picture of the spot in CD Gallery.

See everyone Thursday night 6-6:30ish!

Edit: Picture not approved by mods yet, but here is the floorplan
http://explorestlouis.com/wp-content...evel2-2011.pdf

The location is at the top of the escalator closest to the pits where the text says "Second Floor Atrium"

Jan 12, Emceeing at FTC at University High School
Jan 26, Emceeing FTC Pinellas League Championship Seminole High School in Tampa
Feb 2, Emceeing FTC Tesla League Championship at Cocoa Beach High School
Mar 2, Emceeing FTC State Championship at Embry Riddle Aeronautics University in Daytona
Mar 3, Volunteering for FLL State Championship at UCF in Orlando
Mar 7-9, Announcing FRC Orlando regional
Mar 29-30 Announcing FRC South Florida Regional
Apr 24-27 FTC World Championship in St. Louis

Last edited by Barry Bonzack : 04-24-2012 at 09:12 PM.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Flybotix Fanatic
FRC #1885 (iLITE)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
JesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the guest book concept this year. Thursday was insanely busy for me this year (7:51pm match!), but I still stopped by Friday.
Iím talking about the real fundamentals of being an empowered, self-directed human being. Creativity. Curiosity. Resilience to distraction. Patience with others. And to make these all possible: self-reliance ó an unswerving willingness to take responsibility for your life...

How to Make Trillions of Dollars

Want to be a better cook? Do 5 recipes from Plenty on 5 weeknights after work. Eat the leftovers for lunch.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: