OCCRA
Go to Post Defense shall reign supreme. - Corey Balint [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 03:22 PM
FRC #3504

niman is an unknown quantity at this point
Hail and Farewell at Edward Jones Dome

Earlier I had posted about mist/rain inside (above section 31) the Edward Jones Dome prior to the start of the semi-final matches on the Einstein field.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=106108

My daughter was seated on the main floor (with team representatives for each of the 400 teams), which was closer to the field, and she saw HAIL falling INSIDE (during the hail storm) during the finals on Einstein field, providing additional evidence for a leaking roof, which may have impacted communications during semi-finals.

Last edited by niman : 04-30-2012 at 03:28 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM
FRC #0217 (The Thunderchickens)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2012
Donovan0217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hail and Farewell at Edward Jones Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by niman View Post
Earlier I had posted about mist/rain inside (above section 31) the Edward Jones Dome prior to the start of the semi-final matches on the Einstein field.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=106108

My daughter was seated on the main floor (with team representatives for each of the 400 teams), which was closer to the field, and she saw HAIL falling INSIDE (during the hail storm) during the finals on Einstein field, providing additional evidence for a leaking roof, which may have impacted communications during semi-finals.
The leakage can also be easily shown in other parts of the stadium by the inch of water in newton pits.

This may not even be the cause of the problems, but it is something that should be looked into as it is a possibility.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Gearing up for the next round
FRC #1676 (Pascack PI Oneers)

Rookie Year: 2005
DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I buy into that argument. Are you saying the field equipment got wet?

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?
Also visit TARPN to see what's up!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:43 PM
FRC #3504

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRotolo View Post
I'm not sure I buy into that argument. Are you saying the field equipment got wet?
In the stands, the mist was very fine and the two burst were short.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Scapegoat Mentor
AKA: Alex Stout
FRC #2614 (MARS)

Rookie Year: 2008
Alex2614 is a splendid one to beholdAlex2614 is a splendid one to beholdAlex2614 is a splendid one to beholdAlex2614 is a splendid one to beholdAlex2614 is a splendid one to beholdAlex2614 is a splendid one to beholdAlex2614 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Alex2614

All I have to say is that I am glad we were not in the Georgia Dome with its roof
2014 Smoky Mountains Regional - Chairman's Award, Champions, Entrepreneurship Award, Gracious Professionalism Award, Dean's List Finalist Award (Congrats Emily!)
2014 Palmetto Regional - Gracious Professionalism Award, Creativity Award, Finalists
2013 FIRST Championship - Entrepreneurship Award
2013 Smoky Mountains Regional - Engineering Inspiration Award, Entrepreneurship Award, Quarter-Finalists
2013 Pitt Regional - Entrepreneurship Award, Semi-Finalists, Dean's List Finalist Award (Congrats Nathan!)
2012 IRI - 16th seed
2012 FIRST Championship - Woodie Flowers Award (Congrats Earl Scime!)
2012 Pitt Regional - Champions, Innovation in Controls Award
2012 NC Regional - Chairman's Award, Finalists
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:52 PM
AKA: Adversify
FRC #5102 (PAL Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
Marc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond reputeMarc S. has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have video proof of this?

I recorded the match (F1M1) when the hail fall reached its climax and looking over the video again, I see nothing that supports this claim. It might just be were I was sitting, but there is nothing visible falling at any time.

However, right before the 30 sec whistle the MC did say: "...their hailing down all over the field!...", although I think he was talking about the basket balls.

FLL Mentor and Competition Judge 2012-2014
Student-Mentor FRC 5102, 2014 : 14-14-1
Student-Mentor FRC 3925, 2015
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM
FRC #3504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc S. View Post
Do you have video proof of this?

I recorded the match (F1M1) when the hail fall reached its climax and looking over the video again, I see nothing that supports this claim. It might just be were I was sitting, but there is nothing visible falling at any time.

However, right before the 30 sec whistle the MC did say: "...their hailing down all over the field!...", although I think he was talking about the basket balls.
I felt the mist (in section 31 about 8-10 rows above the aisle through the seating sections that circle the fields).

My daughter was sitting on the main floor (with representatives from the 400 teams). She saw about three chuncks of ice fall from the ceiling during the hail storm.

I heard the hail outside hitting the dome, but did not see the hail/ice falling inside from the ceiling, so I believe you had to look at the right place at the right time and from the right angle to see the ice.

I and my wife both felt the mist (in section 31) on two separate occasions prior to the start of the semi's.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: