OCCRA
Go to Post Corrected, math isn't my strong point (I went to art school for a reason) - KelliV [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
AKA: Brandon Hjelstrom
FRC #0987 (High Rollers)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2012
Gigakaiser has a spectacular aura aboutGigakaiser has a spectacular aura about
FIRST Robotics Movie

This could be huge for FIRST
http://www.popularmechanics.com/how-...w-cool-8410117
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Work it harder, make it better.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence
Re: FIRST Robotics Movie

I wonder if they are going to recreate the scenes and use the actual team members as actors/actresses or if they have pre-recorded film they are using from the season?

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Minnesota FIRST Senior Mentor
AKA: Evan Hochstein
FRC #2470 (Blitz Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
Wiifi has a spectacular aura aboutWiifi has a spectacular aura aboutWiifi has a spectacular aura about

I look forward to the day I am able to screen this movie at my movie theatre.

I certainly hope it actually happens! They have my support, that is for sure!

FIRST Volunteer | Robot Inspector 2011-2013 | FTC FTA 2013-?
Minnesota FIRST Senior Mentor | 2013-?

2009 Regional Win – 2470 @ 10k Lakes (Thanks 2826 and 1714)
2013 WFFA Recipient – 2470 @ 10K Lakes
2014 8th Seed Alliance Captain - 2470 @ Wisconsin

All of my posts represent my opinion.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM
AKA: Ethan Pellittiere
FRC #3951 (SUITS)
Team Role: Alumni

Suitster is on a distinguished road

Anyone have a working link?
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Still 0 blue banners...
AKA: Wing
FRC #1648 (G3 Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2008
Anupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond reputeAnupam Goli has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Anupam Goli

I'm only 1/6th of the way through the book, and It's wonderful. I heard that it was going to be a screenplay, not a documentary, so they would have to remake some of the things, though I think they will take some Lunacy footage and mix it in there to add to the genuineness of the feeling of FIRST.
Georgia Institute of Technology Class of 2016
I wish everyone a great season, and good luck!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:08 PM
The Dark Months of Chief Delphi
AKA: Gregor Browning
FRC #1310 (Runnymede Robotics)
Team Role: Student

Gregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitster View Post
Anyone have a working link?
The link isn't broken. Try again
FLL 2010 Glen Ames Robotics-Student
FLL 2011-xxxx Glen Ames Robotics-Mentor
FRC 2012-2013 Team 907-Scouting Lead, Strategy Lead, Human Player, Driver
FRC 2014-xxxx Team 1310-Mechanical, Electrical, Strategy
Add me on Facebook
<Since 2011 How I came to be a FIRSTer
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Simplicty is Complicated!
AKA: Bryan Culver
FRC #0033 (The Killer Bees)

Rookie Year: 2009
BJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond reputeBJC has a reputation beyond repute

This is Awesome!

What I would do is use the current year's game that they film it in as the movie's game while keeping the premise of the underdog team alive. It seems impossible to fake a build season.

At the same time I've been thinking that a FIRST team would be the perfect TV show. Every season would be a new game so there is no chance of getting repetitive year to year. The build season can easily be filmed in such a way to be condenced and elongated to fit into several action packed episodes. Also, the matches are short enough that full elimination rounds could be shown in an episode or broken into two. My baseline thought process is along the lines of American Chopper. Everyone knows that the build season is crazy intense when figuring out designs to the stress of being ever behind schedual to the emotion of regionals. If they made this I think discovery channel would have an absolute hit show that would push STEM awareness to the next level.

Anyways, that was totally off topic.. A movie would be very awesome!
Regards, Bryan
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Excellence is Bliss
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
AlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope this becomes a movie as long as they keep the part where we're mentioned.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Too young to be an 'old guy'
FRC #0155 (Technonuts)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1999
Jeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC View Post
At the same time I've been thinking that a FIRST team would be the perfect TV show...
Good ole American Robot:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...american+robot

Don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone have the first two seasons still? The links in the old threads don't seem to work anymore.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Andrew Lynch
FRC #2587 (DiscoBots)

Rookie Year: 2001
lynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lynca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Rodriguez View Post
Good ole American Robot:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...american+robot

Don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone have the first two seasons still? The links in the old threads don't seem to work anymore.
We need to definitely Derail this thread .... HUGE American Robot fan !
When will we have a build season with another American Robot Season?

I also read the New Cool, really liked the book and HUGE 1717 fan now !
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Live everyday like it's your last
AKA: Katie Stevens
FRC #1923 (Midknight Inventors)

Horsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond repute

As a friend of someone featured in The New Cool (Luke, on the CAD team) i totally think they should use those kids to act it out. If not i think it would be great to have Luke played by Ashton Kutcher...

Master of Ceremonies
2011- Brunswick Eruption, Ramp Riot 2012- Hatboro- Horsham District, Rutgers District, New York City, Boston, Lenape District, Mt.Olive District, Monty Madness, BR^2, Ramp Riot, BE 2013- Hatboro- Horsham District, New York City, TCNJ District, Lenape District, Bridgewater Raritan District, MAR Champs, Monty Madness, MidKnight Mayhem, BE 2014- Clifton District, Lenape District, Bridgewater District, NYC Regional, MAR Champs, Monty Madness, Midknight Mayhem

And yes, i do ride horses
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Always a Midknight Inventor.
AKA: denim's in the genes.
FRC #1923 (The MidKnight Inventors)

Rookie Year: 1992
Libby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsegirrl View Post
As a friend of someone featured in The New Cool (Luke, on the CAD team) i totally think they should use those kids to act it out. If not i think it would be great to have Luke played by Ashton Kutcher...
Katie and I actually had the opportunity to meet Michael Bacall at the kickoff this year... and we mentioned this to him

Really, though, Mr. Bacall seems to 'get it', and I hope this works out.
Founder, Captain, Operator, Regional Champion, & proud Alumni. I will always be a MidKnight Inventor.
Continuing my support from 2010 onward as a mentor & drive coach.

2010 to 2013: 229 Division By Zero and 4124 Integration by Parts
Clarkson University Mentor for FLL/FTC, & Lead Mentor for FRC.

-
questions? comments? concerns? | twitter: @libbyk | about.me/libbykamen
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Live everyday like it's your last
AKA: Katie Stevens
FRC #1923 (Midknight Inventors)

Horsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond reputeHorsegirrl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby K View Post
Katie and I actually had the opportunity to meet Michael Bacall at the kickoff this year... and we mentioned this to him

Really, though, Mr. Bacall seems to 'get it', and I hope this works out.
all in favor of taylor swift playing one of the girls say "i"

I.

Master of Ceremonies
2011- Brunswick Eruption, Ramp Riot 2012- Hatboro- Horsham District, Rutgers District, New York City, Boston, Lenape District, Mt.Olive District, Monty Madness, BR^2, Ramp Riot, BE 2013- Hatboro- Horsham District, New York City, TCNJ District, Lenape District, Bridgewater Raritan District, MAR Champs, Monty Madness, MidKnight Mayhem, BE 2014- Clifton District, Lenape District, Bridgewater District, NYC Regional, MAR Champs, Monty Madness, Midknight Mayhem

And yes, i do ride horses
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Has code to be writing...
FRC #0125 (Nutrons)

Rookie Year: 2009
Ziv is a glorious beacon of lightZiv is a glorious beacon of lightZiv is a glorious beacon of lightZiv is a glorious beacon of lightZiv is a glorious beacon of light

Potential problem: is 1717 really an "underdog"?
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:22 PM
FRC #3540 (Wildcat Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
sand500 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be cool if this movie became popular like October Sky or Stand and Deliver

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: