OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST has changed my life and I can never say thank you enough. - Jason Kixmiller [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#61   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:24 AM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH
Re: Water Game Next Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra_Fact_Man View Post
Maybe we'll get another bean-bag game like 1999.
I remember hearing that that wouldn't happen again. You think inflatables with a slow leak are bad, try foam peanuts in a nylon bag that get thrashed around for a bunch of matches. (And hopefully the bag stays closed!) Inflatables you can patch and replace easily, or refill every now and again. Foam peanuts, not so much.

At least, that's what I remember being inside those things. Being only 10 at the time, and not on the team officially, I might not have the best memory, though.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #62   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:37 AM
FABLab Team Captain
FRC #2252 (Mavericks)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2012
Jenn Feathers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekcrbe View Post
How do you corral and control a liquid? If it's in a casing, then the casing is actually the game piece, and it's filled with water. Otherwise, I don't know how you could "score" water through some type of goal apparatus.
transport the water thru some sort of obsticle to fill a container of some sort. whoever has the most plus the end game wins... nice and simple idea for a first time water game?
  #63   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:14 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
Robert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to beholdRobert Cawthon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekcrbe View Post
How do you corral and control a liquid? If it's in a casing, then the casing is actually the game piece, and it's filled with water. Otherwise, I don't know how you could "score" water through some type of goal apparatus.
Water pistols at 10 wheel revolutions? (Can't use 10 paces since most or all of the bots don't have legs.)
2012 Greater Kansas City Regional Imagery Award
"It doesn't hurt to be smart as long as you don't out-think yourself." -- Steve Fujita Former KC Chiefs player.
  #64   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:10 PM
FRC #3540 (Wildcat Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
sand500 is an unknown quantity at this point

there are so many problems dealing with water.
1. Electronics and water dont mix
2. We need to be able to clean up spilled water.
3. People might slip if water leaked, not just at competition but in workshops.
4. Any field that is water based could leak or if it broke, we would flood the stadium.
5. Moving all the regional to site with a pool would be a disaster.
6. Most people with a pool won't let you use a pool.

It would be cool to have a game with lots of tiny ping pong balls. this could simulate a fluid motion(I'm thinking about the ball pits) and using some sort of vacuum device would be easy clean up.
  #65   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
CAD Leader
AKA: AK-Fo'7
FRC #1507 (The WARLOCKS)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Solidstate89 has a spectacular aura aboutSolidstate89 has a spectacular aura about

Every year they tease a water game, but I don't see it ever happening. I remember when last year the teaser image was a pool with the pool tubes floating in them. And then during Kick-off when Will.i.am and Woody and everyone else kept bringing out all the inflatable tubes I was wondering to myself; "Are they REALLY going with a water game?" But alas, my crazed dreams were dashed yet another year.

I find the mathematical equation to what year the "Water Game" will occur is n + 1 where n = the current year. So 2013 will be the water game, and then 2014, and then 2015...

Coincidentally, though totally unrelated, that is the same equation for figuring out the "Year of the Linux desktop" as well.
  #66   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Pink flamingo on the lawn of life
AKA: @taylor1529
FRC #1529 (CyberCards)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond reputeTaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra_Fact_Man View Post
Maybe we'll get another bean-bag game like 1999.

Done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: