OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST has given me too much for me to leave without leaving a mark... - Joe G. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
AKA: Joe Lee
FRC #3167 (Environmental Tectonics Crusaders)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
nitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud of
Recruitment Video

Now that the season has wound down at Championships are over (congrats to all the winners!) I want to take on the personal project of making a team recruitment video for my team. I will be working during most of the offseason at getting interviews with students that are on the team and students who have graduated, but I also want to include some nice stock video. Does anyone have a good source of downloadable video that I could use? Obviously credit will be given wherever it is used. I'd like it to be relatively high quality, not like grabbing videos off of YouTube. Any ideas?

*I would have posted this in team organization, but I wanted the larger audience of the General Forum. If one of the mods would rather it be moved, that's fine, too.

http://www.fatherjudgerobotics.webs.com

Volunteer 2012 MAR Region Championship - Field Reset
Volunteer 2013 MAR Region Championship - Field Reset
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:18 PM
College Student / Between Teams
no team

Samwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Recruitment Video

As the video creater on my team, I would strongly suggest using video of your own robot in action. I did this and not only does the recruitment video show off the capabilitys of ur robot, but you can show this video to potential sponsors or at events
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:48 AM
AKA: Joe Lee
FRC #3167 (Environmental Tectonics Crusaders)
Team Role: Mentor

nitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud ofnitneylion452 has much to be proud of

I plan to use videos of our robot in the video, but I also want some high quality stock videos to include. My team isn't quite to the point where we are performing at a very high level, so our videos aren't very exciting. I want some good exciting videos of robots performing at a high level.

Thanks in advance for the help!

http://www.fatherjudgerobotics.webs.com

Volunteer 2012 MAR Region Championship - Field Reset
Volunteer 2013 MAR Region Championship - Field Reset
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:30 AM
College Student / Between Teams
no team

Samwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to beholdSamwaldo is a splendid one to behold

In That case I would first suggest going to a off season competition and doing lots of filming and photography there. Plus don't forget to film team spirit during a off season competition. In some of our past videos we have students going in front of a whole crowd and singing to the songs playing while dancing and just having a good time. Not only is it funny to watch, it shows how fun FIRST is.

If you want to find some high quality video of great matches look for something from championships. Alot of teams film the matches and put them on there website or YouTube.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: