OCCRA
Go to Post As a programmer, I am trying to use more 0's than 1's to save weight. - Jared Russell [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Head Coach
FRC #3481 (Bronc Botz)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2011
Michael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant futureMichael Blake has a brilliant future
TEST Einstein BEFORE the BIG-show... here's a proposed approach...

As I understand, the Einstein field and equipment are new and unused... therefore, untested under competition conditions before the BIG-show is run...

NO MATTER what bullet-proof technical remedy FIRST comes up with to solve connection issues, I believe there's TOO MUCH at stake for teams that earn a spot on Einstein to go through what happened last week ever again...

SO, I have an idea for the CD community to throw-balls-at...

What if during the Division Eliminations, the 3 highest-seeded rookie teams (not picked for division elims) from each division are invited to compete on the Einstein field ("Rookie-stein") for the experience and bragging-rights... maybe a small award/trophy to the winning alliance.

A couple of large-screen monitors could be provided in the queue so that the participating rookies can catch their division elims while running through matches...

This would provide a THOROUGH vetting and shake-out of the Einstein field/equipment shortly _before_ the BIG-show takes place... and I'm sure the field would still look pristine after 4-6 total matches...

PLUS, the added bonus of giving 12 potentially future high-performing rookie teams a taste of "CMP-elims" and "Einstein"...

WHAT do you think? THANKS!
Co-Founder - FTC 4008 - Bronc Botz-Orange (2010) and FTC 4602 - Bronc Botz-Blue (2011) and FTC #6976 - Bronc Botz-Nano (2013 - middle-schoolers)

Last edited by Michael Blake : 05-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: