OCCRA
Go to Post Yes, I think we can all agree that bad people suck. - Joe Johnson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
AKA: Debbie May
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2000
Debbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Pre-Ordered lunches

Can anyone let me know how the pre-ordered meals worked this year? We opted out of them this year, due to the mold and the number of team members that got sick from them last year. But, a lot of feedback was provided to them, and I am wondering if there were improvements this year? I forgot to ask around about this, and it would be good to know for future events. Were they any better than last year? Thanks!

Bedford Express Varsity Letter Video BX Facebook
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Survived year 1–year 2 comes quick!
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #7016/7017 (Garnet Squadron Alfa/Bravo)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pre-Ordered lunches

This year was different--more things served family-style. I wasn't wild about the pizza (you could tell it was sitting a minute), but everything else was good to me and went without complaints from the rest.
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute

We got 10 sandwich lunches each day, just for the pit crew.

They were pretty good, and a good deal compared to other prices.

I think we had a sandwich, bottle of water, chips and cookie / brownie each day.

We may do these for the whole team next year just to be sure the kids get something decent during the day.
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM

Debbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I meant to ask and check on it at worlds. It certainly is easier to use pre-order lunches, just couldn't do it after last year. Our drivers had a hard time eating on Saturday though, since we couldn't bring the lunches we ordered them into the arena. So, ordering for drive team at least is probably a good idea!

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Minnesota FIRST Senior Mentor
AKA: Evan Hochstein
FRC #2470 (Blitz Team)

Rookie Year: 2007
Wiifi has a spectacular aura aboutWiifi has a spectacular aura aboutWiifi has a spectacular aura about

I went in worrying about mold because of what I read here on CD...

But when we got there I was pleasantly surprised, I did not find one sandwich or family style lunch with mold on it! From what I understand they changed caterers from last year. The only problem we had was the last day they ran out of marinara sauce and when they finally brought it for us it was cold. The caterer apologized and promised that she would make sure it never happened again.

FIRST Volunteer | Robot Inspector 2011-2013 | FTC FTA 2013-?
Minnesota FIRST Senior Mentor | 2013-?

2009 Regional Win – 2470 @ 10k Lakes (Thanks 2826 and 1714)
2013 WFFA Recipient – 2470 @ 10K Lakes
2014 8th Seed Alliance Captain - 2470 @ Wisconsin

All of my posts represent my opinion.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Queen City Planning Committee
FRC #0144 (ROCK Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1999
Dave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant future

Debbie - we were fortunate to have the money to pre-order all of our meals for our team. The meals were all fine. There was plenty of food for us and most of the time, extra food. We ordered the 4 of the "team pack" each day. We will do this again next year when we qualify to attend.

FRC Team #144 Advisor
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiifi View Post
I went in worrying about mold because of what I read here on CD...

But when we got there I was pleasantly surprised, I did not find one sandwich or family style lunch with mold on it! From what I understand they changed caterers from last year. The only problem we had was the last day they ran out of marinara sauce and when they finally brought it for us it was cold. The caterer apologized and promised that she would make sure it never happened again.
Yea! No Mold!! I thought the caterer was the same. I looked it up and was going to order if they switched. But, maybe I was looking at the wrong thing. Glad everything was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell View Post
Debbie - we were fortunate to have the money to pre-order all of our meals for our team. The meals were all fine. There was plenty of food for us and most of the time, extra food. We ordered the 4 of the "team pack" each day. We will do this again next year when we qualify to attend.
It is so much easier to order food onsite. I'm glad to hear this. I think I will give it another shot next year if we are lucky enough to qualify! Thanks!!

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:36 AM
AKA: JDH
no team
Team Role: Photography

Rookie Year: 2012
jd09cw is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing that I noticed about the lunches, was that the veggie wrap was a little soggy. The sandwiches/cookies really hit the spot though
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM
DC Robotics
FRC #2914 (Tiger Pride)

Rookie Year: 1999
Wetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wetzel

A side benefit for ordering lunches for the whole team was that we all got together and ate at the same time. Our two teachers went and picked up the food and then we ate. It created a fun and social time where scouting and pit could hang out together.

The food itself was just fine, as convention center food goes.

Wetzel
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:37 PM
[Mass x Acceleration] be with you!
AKA: Princess Leia
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
torihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to torihoelscher

The food was much better than last year but of course, I am the one that had the pink chicken sandwich.... but other than that, much better than last year.

FLL
FTC
FRC

"May the [mass x acceleration] be with you"
"Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper?"

Alumni of Team 79 Krunch.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:00 PM
FRC #1983 (Skunkworks Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2006
Constance Wood is an unknown quantity at this point

My team didn't like the lunches last year, so we opted for Jimmie John sandwiches and provided water. It also meant the team had to eat outside. this was the same price as the pre-ordered lunches. I think that was an option that worked well, although platters were ordered of different sandwiches, so if you were last, you got whatever was left over !

The best pre-ordered lunches we have had so far were at the Spokane Regional...lots of variety (5 different sandwiches and 3 different salads) and plenty to eat.

Connie

Constance Wood
Mentor
Skunkworks Team 1983
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Mentor
AKA: Glenn
FRC #0359 (Hawaiian Kids)

waialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond reputewaialua359 has a reputation beyond repute

For those contemplating coming to a Hawaii regional,
we have pre-order lunches as well................

for your entire team and its FREE, paid for by the Hawaii Robotics Organizing Committee.

If you have 30 members, we'll provide 30 meals, snacks, drinks.......EACH day.

2014 OZARK Mountain Brawl Champions, #1 seed.
2014 Hawaii Regional Champions, #1 seed, UL Safety Award
2014 Dallas Regional Champions, #1 seed, Engineering Excellence Award
2014 Northern Lights Regional Champions, #1 seed, Entrepreneurship Award
2013 Texas Robot Roundup Finalist
2013 Championship Dean's List Winner
2013 Hawaii Regional Finalist, #1 seed, Engineering Excellence Award
2013 Utah Regional Champion, #1 seed, KP&B Award, Deans List
2013 Boilermaker Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award
2012 Lone Star Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award
2012 Hawaii Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award

2011 NYC-Regional Champion, #1 seed, Chairman's Award, Safety Award
2011 Hawaii-Regional Champion, #1 seed, Motorola Quality Award, Volunteer of the Year, Website Award
2011 Las Vegas-Regional Finalist, #2 seed, WFFA, KP&C Entrepreneurship Award,
2011 FRC World Championship-Championship Chairman's Award
2011 IRI-Tournament Champions

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:06 PM
2014... Hella Parts
AKA: Owner, WestCoast Products
FRC #1323 (MadTown Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
R.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond reputeR.C. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waialua359 View Post
we have pre-order lunches as well................

for your entire team and its FREE, paid for by the Hawaii Robotics Organizing Committee.

If you have 30 members, we'll provide 30 meals, snacks, drinks.......EACH day.
Glenn, next year I'm seriously gonna try get our team to go out there. We've wanted to since 2009 or so. Do you by any chance know what week your regional is this year?

Thanks!

-RC
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
FRC #0192 (GRT)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Gray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to beholdGray Adams is a splendid one to behold

We didn't opt to get them, but some members of other teams had them and they looked decent enough.

But I have to admit, I had possibly the greatest hamburger and fries that I've ever had in the stadium. It was seriously incredibly delicious.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torihoelscher View Post
The food was much better than last year but of course, I am the one that had the pink chicken sandwich.... but other than that, much better than last year.
YUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance Wood View Post
My team didn't like the lunches last year, so we opted for Jimmie John sandwiches and provided water. It also meant the team had to eat outside. this was the same price as the pre-ordered lunches. I think that was an option that worked well, although platters were ordered of different sandwiches, so if you were last, you got whatever was left over
Connie
Yeah, we split up and ate around the city one day, went to the spaghetti factory another day (too fast though) and then we had a catered box lunch on the sidewalk. Weather permitting they were all good options except next time I will do the spaghetti sometime when we can enjoy it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waialua359 View Post
AS IF I need any more of a push to go to Hawaii! Oh my I would love that! Maybe one of these years we could do that! (or maybe I will just have to come scout there) Definitely a place I would love to go sometime in my life!

Last edited by Debbie : 05-07-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: