OCCRA
Go to Post Please no reboots. I'm so sick of reboots. Hollywood has ruined them for me. I don't even reboot my computer anymore. - Michael Hill [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:59 PM
AKA: Naresh Hing
FRC #1601 (Quantum Samurai)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2011
nydnh01 is an unknown quantity at this point
D-link Router Giving problems with cRIO

Today we tested our wireless after uploading the code we had at competition the router gave the driver station a watchdog not fed error. When we connected the crio directly to the computer the code executed properly. How do i fix this problem?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Team Programming/Electrical Co-Lead
FRC #2603 (Highland FIRST Robotics Team #2603)
Team Role: Programmer

normpear2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to normpear2 Send a message via MSN to normpear2 Send a message via Yahoo to normpear2 Send a message via Skype™ to normpear2
Re: D-link Router Giving problems with cRIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydnh01 View Post
Today we tested our wireless after uploading the code we had at competition the router gave the driver station a watchdog not fed error. When we connected the crio directly to the computer the code executed properly. How do i fix this problem?
Try the reset button and set the router up again, or flash the firmware and set the router up.

Firmware helped on one of out test routers that gave us that same problem.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

If you're getting watchdog errors displayed on the Driver Station, it means you have at least some communication. It's possible that there's another wireless network nearby interfering with things and keeping the communication from being good enough. Do you have a way to scan for Wi-Fi signals? (Try a program called inSSIDer; it's available from many sources.) If you can find an unused block of channels on the 2.4 GHz band, try logging on to your D-Link and setting its channel manually to avoid interference.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
does what needs to be done.
FRC #2449 (Out of Orbit Robotics)

daniel_dsouza has a spectacular aura aboutdaniel_dsouza has a spectacular aura about

After competition, our team re-imaged the router and set it up to FIRST specs, but we left the encryption open, and changed the band to 5Ghz. Even during demonstrations in college campuses with 20+ 2.4Ghz networks, we ran perfectly. You would have to check if your driverstation computer supports 5Ghz though. When you ping your router (use cmd), you should ideally have <10ms response time.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: