OCCRA
Go to Post I looked at it and originally thought it was a crazy idea... then I looked at it again and it still sounds like a crazy idea. But crazy ideas tend to produce some excellent results. - Yipyapper [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
no team

LoyolaRobotics has a spectacular aura aboutLoyolaRobotics has a spectacular aura about
FIRST: "For Inspiration" indeed! Check this out!

We tend to focus on the "RST" part of FIRST.

Here's some "FI": Junior year I was inspired to start a robotics team for underprivileged, low-income sixth graders.

They single-handedly changed my perspective towards FIRST. I understand now that the RST (Recognition of Science and Tech) part is just a means to the greater end: Inspiration.

They inspired me so much that I find it unfair to not share the magic with you all. Behold the Vlogs! Newest episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-Y2bhwFSA

Ladies: You like adorable things, right? What's more adorable than little sixth graders running around and being funny? Nothing. Check out the vid!

Guys: You like fierce competition and science-fiction robot battles, right? Then click the link, homies!

Post whatever's on your mind after watching it!

Over and out,
Gabe from Team 991
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:25 PM
That dude in the Golden Hat
AKA: Walter Deitzler
FRC #3397 (Robolions)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2010
LedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST: "For Inspiration" indeed! Check this out!

This is a REALLY great thing you are doing, and it looks like fun as well! Keep it up!

(Hanging out with my buddies at 610)
Robotics, it's not just a club, it's a career.
FLL Referee (2012-Present)

2014 Gateway Robotics Challenge winners (With 2481 and 1985)
2011 St. Louis Regional Winners (With 1985 and 3284)
2010 Highest Rookie Seed
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:29 PM
AKA: Anna Sklenar
FRC #3182 (Athena's Warriors)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2010
ZipTie3182 is a jewel in the roughZipTie3182 is a jewel in the roughZipTie3182 is a jewel in the roughZipTie3182 is a jewel in the rough

That's adorable, I love the video style as well It's a great thing you're doing!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-15-2012, 02:29 AM
AKA: Kiatin
FRC #3132 (Thunder Down Under)
Team Role: Webmaster

Rookie Year: 2012
kiasam111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Love the style! Just a quick thought, have you considered using bluetooth instead of using the cables?
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:27 AM
no team

LoyolaRobotics has a spectacular aura aboutLoyolaRobotics has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the positive feedback fellow FIRSTers!

I have considered it but we only have one Bluetooth dongle. The cable definitely acts a challenge though. I think it makes the matches more fun to watch sometimes: there's been times when the opposing team pulls the other team's wire to prevent them from scoring

Also, I sincerely believe that the FIRST mission is inspiration. If the video inspired you please share it, whether it be word of mouth or reposting. I really think these guys deserve an audience..that's why I decided to make these videos.

Peace,
Gabe
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-15-2012, 12:17 PM
All I do is twin.
AKA: elixir
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2006
Alexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa Stott has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alexa Stott Send a message via Skype™ to Alexa Stott

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyolaRobotics View Post
We tend to focus on the "RST" part of FIRST.

Here's some "FI": Junior year I was inspired to start a robotics team for underprivileged, low-income sixth graders.

They single-handedly changed my perspective towards FIRST. I understand now that the RST (Recognition of Science and Tech) part is just a means to the greater end: Inspiration.

They inspired me so much that I find it unfair to not share the magic with you all. Behold the Vlogs! Newest episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-Y2bhwFSA

Ladies: You like adorable things, right? What's more adorable than little sixth graders running around and being funny? Nothing. Check out the vid!

Guys: You like fierce competition and science-fiction robot battles, right? Then click the link, homies!

Post whatever's on your mind after watching it!

Over and out,
Gabe from Team 991
I like the project. Not so much you stereotyping me as a "lady" who "likes adorable things." I can appreciate "fierce competition and science-fiction robot battles" too, despite my lack of a Y chromosome.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:45 PM
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa Stott View Post
I like the project. Not so much you stereotyping me as a "lady" who "likes adorable things." I can appreciate "fierce competition and science-fiction robot battles" too, despite my lack of a Y chromosome.
I meant no disrespect. Sorry.

-- Gabe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: